Replies

• Romyarts2014
    Romyarts2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    WOAH !!!!!!! CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!! thats alot :bigsmile:
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    Great loss so far! Keep it up! I started out walking and on the elliptical. I did just cardio (increasing intensity) for quite some time and then added heavy lifting to my routine.
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    I started out at 365, possibly more (my scale wouldn't go over 350, and the one time I got on an old fashioned medical scale @ the doctors office I was 365). Anyway, to lose 13lbs in 23 days is a good rate. That's quite literally over half a pound a day. I wouldn't push yourself to lose much faster, or you will regret it when it comes to loose skin. As a bigger person, you will already most likely have loose skin (I do, just sayin). Also, losing faster can negatively effect your liver & gallbladder (I know from personal experience). Just be careful and be PROUD of what you're doing thus far. You don't want it all gone tomorrow, trust me. Allow the time that it takes you to lose the weight to be the time that you allow yourself to adjust mentally, as well as physically and socially (believe me, it's a thing).

Thank you !!!! I needed to hear that !. Time goes by so slow and you just want to see the hard work pay of quickly.. But its a slow and steady process ! need to keep reminding myself that. So nervous about the amount of skin ill have but hopefully it wont be that bad :blushing:
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    I did table pushaways first. For the first 40-50 lbs or so.

At that point, I FELT so much better... walking was a chore at that point.

Thank youu!!
    and your so right !
  • momma25boys
    Options
    OKAY Chick!!!!! I saw a post on a site that rang true to me. AND I think it will you as well. Get a piece of paper. Write this down in big bold letters and then hang it where you can see it often..

I AM MOVING AND AS LONG AS I MOVE, I AM ACCOMPLISHING MORE THAN THE PERSON SITTING ON THE COUCH WATCHING TV!!!!!

As long as you are moving...you are exercising. Take two cans of food, and lift them like dumb bells and guess what? YOU are working out! The beginning is the START To something AMAZING! So if you lift your beans, 10 minutes a day, or you walk around the house twice, guess what? YOU are exercising!

You got this girl...Do not get discouraged. I will think of you! Anyone can eat a whole Elephant, it starts with the first bite til you are done. And I am just now finishing a foot. I still have the elephant to go. BUT I am doing it, and it will happen. Hugs and Well blessings for success!

Melissa
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    OKAY Chick!!!!! I saw a post on a site that rang true to me. AND I think it will you as well. Get a piece of paper. Write this down in big bold letters and then hang it where you can see it often..

I AM MOVING AND AS LONG AS I MOVE, I AM ACCOMPLISHING MORE THAN THE PERSON SITTING ON THE COUCH WATCHING TV!!!!!

As long as you are moving...you are exercising. Take two cans of food, and lift them like dumb bells and guess what? YOU are working out! The beginning is the START To something AMAZING! So if you lift your beans, 10 minutes a day, or you walk around the house twice, guess what? YOU are exercising!

You got this girl...Do not get discouraged. I will think of you! Anyone can eat a whole Elephant, it starts with the first bite til you are done. And I am just now finishing a foot. I still have the elephant to go. BUT I am doing it, and it will happen. Hugs and Well blessings for success!

Melissa

I love love love that.. and a great way of looking at !!!
    step by step! thanks girl
    im on that toe lol.
  • slimpickins831
    Options
    I am currently 331. I started my journey at around 364. I started walking around the block after work, gradually increasing duration. I felt that wasn't quite enough so I joined a local gym. and have been glued to the elliptical, it's so much easier on the knees. I also use some of the machines to lift weights. So far so good
  • Loraluvs
    Loraluvs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I weigh over 400 pounds and I just had surgery on my knee that made walking very difficult. I started with my diet and as soon as my doctor cleared me I started walking. Now I am working with a trainer and doing a ton of Pilates, alot of it modified, and I'm down 40 pounds and over 50 inches. You can do this. Just keep moving a little at a time.
  • donohoe4
    donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    WOAH !!!!!!! CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!! thats alot :bigsmile:

Thank you! I've been at it for 2 1/2 years and it is now just my lifestyle. It is going to take time. There will be times when the scale doesn't move and you will want to give up. DON'T! It is worth it. You have done great so far, just keep going. The time will pass anyways, might as well be spent making a healthier you!
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This is quite a late response, but I wanted to throw an endorsement in for elliptical machines. It's a nice step between walking and jogging, and is easier on the knees. I started at 300 lbs, and even as I progress closer to 200 lbs, running too much starts to pain me (knees, hips, sometimes ankles). But I can use the elliptical machine frequently and for long periods of time much hassle. Typically I use low incline and higher resistance, but everybody has their settings.

Ellipticals are my <3<3, I concur.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    This is quite a late response, but I wanted to throw an endorsement in for elliptical machines. It's a nice step between walking and jogging, and is easier on the knees. I started at 300 lbs, and even as I progress closer to 200 lbs, running too much starts to pain me (knees, hips, sometimes ankles). But I can use the elliptical machine frequently and for long periods of time much hassle. Typically I use low incline and higher resistance, but everybody has their settings.

Ellipticals are my <3<3, I concur.

QFT Ellipticals are a dream and you can gradually increase the resistance without putting too much pressure on the rest of your body parts.

I would also suggest trying out something like POP Pilates on youtube. It will be quite high intensity but the workouts are short maybe 10 minutes long. I'd definitely suggest mixing low intensity longer exercises such as walking and shorter higher intensity exercises.