Cybex Arc Trainer kicked my butt!

Options
Hi all,

I just got a new fitness membership and had my first session with a personal trainer last night! When we were done I wanted to get in some cardio. I usually work on the elliptical because I really enjoy it and it is the least impactful on my knees. (ACL, meniscus issues) My trainer recommended this crazy Cybex Arc Trainer machine which looks like an elliptical but crossed with a stairclimber and steppper. Holy Crap! What an amazing workout. I just wanted to let you know that if you see one of these machines then you've GOT to try it.

Good luck to all!

Replies

• kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love that machine! I feel like it makes me work harder than the other ellipticals. I usually program it to "pike peak" or "hills" program and alter the level. Great machine!
  • canadafats
    Options
    I love that machine! I feel like it makes me work harder than the other ellipticals. I usually program it to "pike peak" or "hills" program and alter the level. Great machine!

Cool! I just did a timed exercise and adjusted the resistance manually but I hope to try a program tonight!
  • Jenneffinier
    Jenneffinier Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love it too, that and the stepmill are my go to cardio machines
  • kragusa38
    kragusa38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its my fav and it kicked my butt as well. I had previously worked on the 625A its only legs, then worked on 625AT with the same gusto, they are not created equal... lol
  • canadafats
    Options
    Tried a 30 minute interval program last night. The resistance and incline changes really eff'd me up! LOL Felt great though!
  • ekemsley1
    ekemsley1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Its my favorite. Burns way more than the elliptical, yet doesn't feel like torture like the treadmill.