New kid in class

Options
Hi! I am a 57 year old female and have been struggling with weight since college (a FEW years ago!) I have started and quit Weight Watchers several times....I am even a lifetime member, but a long way away from that goal weight. I've also joined other weight loss programs, quit, and gained the weight again +more. I have always exercised-that's not my problem. Mindless eating is. Counting calories opened my eyes to how much I actually eat! My goals are to lose 30 pounds and run a half marathon with my daughter next summer.

Replies

• gunnparker
    Options
    Welcome aboard. :)
  • j910
    j910 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've never posted to a message board before. I think this will be fun :bigsmile:
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    welcome!!!
    you have come to the right place! i promise u will see results here...everyone is amazing and kind and so supportive...happy weight losing!
  • JennRy86
    JennRy86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well Hello and welcome!! I have been here for a week and have lost a pound already! I was stuck in a rut, and a friend told me about this site... I LOVE IT!!! and you will too... you will become very addicted! hehe
  • lshanks
    lshanks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's never too late to start. I love this site. It really helps you keep accountable and I love the app for my Droid. There just isn't any excuse for me to "forget" to add an entry. I really hope this site helps you.
  • j910
    j910 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been using another calorie counting website, but this one has more of what I need. I learned about this one in the group I have joined at my Y that promotes healthy choices and exercise. The person who recommended it really likes it. I am looking forward to FINALLY reaching the goal I have had for years! I am so motivated and feel better already!
  • lmartinez8106
    Options
    Hi my name is Lindsey and I am trying to lose 100lbs. i know that seems like alot but i know i can do it if i stick to it. I am a mom to 3 beautiful babies. a 4 year old daughter and 3 year old boy/girl twins. I have been with my husband for 7 years and married to him for 5 years. He is deployed right now and i am looking for people in my area that may want to help me get to my goal. if your interested look me up. thanks
  • bertolucci
    Options
    Hi my name is michael and this is my first post after about a week of tracking my eating which has been an eyeopening aha so that's how I gained 30 pounds. At 58 I want my last years to be fit again and feel healthy in my own skin. I want to be able to communicate about my process and be supported in ways that I control. I think this website and Ap is a terrific way to actually be open about a very sensitive topic. I hope for some real self help.