Does anyone else feel this way?

Options
So I have reached my goal weight, woo hoo! Except I dont feel smaller, I can't wrap my head around the fact that I am no longer the size I was last year. I still refuse to wear a bathingsuit without shorts and a t-shirt.. All my clothes are falling off and I am smaller now than before I had my daughter, yet I still feel i guess uncomfortable in my own skin and form...

Does anyone else feel this way? Does it go away? I guess I need to work on some new self confidence in my new shape and life..

Replies

• bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem, but a somewhat related one. I'm close to my goal weight now and I love the way I look, but I feel myself wanting more. I'm not sure if it's a healthy way to feel or not. There was a time I would have been overjoyed to weigh 130 lbs (I'm 5'3"), but now that it's getting close I'm feeling like I want to drop even more. I've only felt like this in the last couple of days and it has been really unsettling to me. I'm not sure if it's a healthy reassessment of my goal or if I'm becoming obsessed with my body image and what I want it to be. I don't know the answer, but you're not alone in these types of feelings.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    this journey isn't just physical it is mental. Until you love yourself you won't be comfortable. You reached your goal what more is there? What is missing?
    Probably some good questions to look into if you still aren't feeling confident.
    congrats on the goal!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    So I have reached my goal weight, woo hoo! Except I dont feel smaller, I can't wrap my head around the fact that I am no longer the size I was last year. I still refuse to wear a bathingsuit without shorts and a t-shirt.. All my clothes are falling off and I am smaller now than before I had my daughter, yet I still feel i guess uncomfortable in my own skin and form...

Does anyone else feel this way? Does it go away? I guess I need to work on some new self confidence in my new shape and life..

It's a mental thing...I've been there too. I remember 2 years ago when I met my goal of being 128 pounds and a loose size 6, and I still complained about my "fat poochy stomach" that nobody else seemed to know was there. :embarassed: I went out shopping for some new clothes and I picked out the smallest clothes that I had ever bought for myself ever...and I brought someone with me to make sure that they were the most flattering on me, as well. Then I went around taking lots of pictures of myself, wearing these clothes all the time, and talking positive talk to myself the whole time. I think it helped. :drinker: But basically we just have to get our minds right and recognize how beautiful we really are. And then we need to recognize how great it was to accomplish our goal when so many others aren't there yet. But we had the perseverence to get there. And that makes things a little better too.

But yeah, I think many of us go through this or something similar. As long as we consciously make the decision to be positive about ourselves in how we talk, act, and think, this can definitely be overcome.
  • Dammitviv
    Options

Stop trying to feel the way you did before you gained weight, you are really a completely different person than you were then. You're a healthy mom, instead of being the woman you were, be the woman you want your daughter to look up to. You've built a new you physically, now build a great you mentally.

And congratulations on reaching you're goal weight. That's an awesome accomplishment :)
  • leighclayton
    leighclayton Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Stop trying to feel the way you did before you gained weight, you are really a completely different person than you were then. You're a healthy mom, instead of being the woman you were, be the woman you want your daughter to look up to. You've built a new you physically, now build a great you mentally.

And congratulations on reaching you're goal weight. That's an awesome accomplishment :)

Good points Dammitviv - how true and your post has inspired me to spend more time working on building the new me mentally as well. I really believe that there is a huge mental component to weight loss.
  • leighclayton
    leighclayton Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    oops didn't hit the quote button...doh!
  • Princesspants78
    Options
    Hey guys and gals!

Thanks for your kind words! I have been re assessing where all these feelings are coming from, what is bring it on etc...
    Life is great, I am healthy, happy, I have a great child a wedding to look forward to this year!!!

I will let ya know what I figure out !!

And Happy New year!