Ladies with big boobs! :)

Options

Replies

• cggrlsteph
    cggrlsteph Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been a fan of Victoria's Secret.... they have tops with actual bras in them... as a woman who has been a D/DD her whole adult life... I know you need more support than those BS sport bra things in swimsuits... or i go with halter tops... those keep the girls up.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you but I do want to say I feel your pain! I wear a 38DD currently and a size 14, but so many of the swimsuits I find in sizes 12-16 offer either NO room for my bust, are too baggy in the belly and hips to be flattering and slimming, AND/or are way too low cut for my liking. At 5'8" I'm tallish but not "tall" yet I have found success over the years with long torso swimsuits. Land's End is good.

Me too!!! I'm 5'9" a 38DD and wear a 14. My father used to work for Land's End before passing but I still get his discount there so I shop there all the time. I will say, I do have this cute skirt suit but it doesn't age me. I can see your point, though. It took me quite some time finding that one so it wouldn't age me.
  • tonyamariepierce
    tonyamariepierce Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have problems also because I have large breast 38DD but a small size 4 waist. I get my suits from venus.com. I can buy them separately and they have a supportive top called the Marilyn.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    in.

oh wait...

IN!

:wink:
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    bump.

And screw you for that meme, Shock_wave! *LOL* I'm scared for life now.

Can I push the like button on your shirt? lol :laugh:
  • cggrlsteph
    cggrlsteph Posts: 36 Member
    Options

A question for you. do you wear sports bras? And if so where do you find them. I cannot find any that fit well and I need them so bad.

Not any that are adequate, really. When I'm running, I usually put on a regular bra, and a sports bra on top. I get the smallest sports bra I can squeeze into...not pretty, but it keeps them from feeling like they're going to pull themselves off my body when I run, lol!

thats what I do as well... and when I do my lap swim I have to wear a small sports bra under my suit because the suit "bra" is a joke.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I heard Curvy Kate has some beautiful swimsuits for the well endowed!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    bump.

tumblr_m96pi3ac9q1rsvmjk.gif
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    36DDD here, and I ordered bikinis from Iron Fist Clothing that fit PERFECTLY! They're constantly changing their collection!

Another awesome site to check out is Unique Vintage, I'm planning on ordering some Bettie Page inspired swim wear tonight. They always send out coupon codes and the measurements they provide are accurate!
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    I have this problem, too. There's a specialty bra shop in town who can order bathing suits, so I'm going to speak with them. I've never really been able to wear a bikini because the lady at the store said most bikini tops are B cup, and I'm an E cup.

:(

So, you might want to try your local specialty shop, they might be able to help!
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    another vote for lands end. i like them due to quality and not so naked looking. i wear a tankini.
  • dintentions3
    dintentions3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i feel ya. having huge boobs SOUNDS good but its not (to me). i wouldnt want anything under a C, but anything over a D is just cumbersome
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds crazy, but I have found some cheap, cute, cross over triangle tops that fit well and come in DD at Target!
    They stay in place when I dive and swim. I wore several of them on my cruise a couple months ago.... :smile:

p.s... they are made more like a halter top and have wide bands, so very comfortable as well....
  • jessib1980
    jessib1980 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have always struggled with this as well and this will be the first summer I am wearing a 2 piece. I just went into Victoria's Secret and got sized 36DD (and they have upped their sizes...I think they used to go up to a DD but now they do carry larger sizes but I think you have to order online) I took a chance and ordered online and I couldn't be more pleased. It fits exactly like a bra, has the underwire, and the perfect amount of padding. The back has a closure so there is no annoying giant knot once it's tied and the straps are think enough and I feel like it will definetly provide support. I wouldn't trust their tiny triangular bikini top but the others on there seem to be supportive. And then you can mix and match with bottoms...I didn't check out all of their options so I didn't see if they had any of that retro style that you were looking for. But that suit you posted is SUPER CUTE!!! Good luck :)
  • jessib1980
    jessib1980 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ohhh...and check out this site/store! They have the cutest retro style suits!!!

www.betseyjohnson.com

My cousin shops there all the time and she LOVES it!!! I've never tried their swimsuits but everything else fits to size according to her.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I wear the tiny triangle ones. Or sometimes a halter styler.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with summertime girl, the halter style tops tend to be pretty flattering for the larger boobies and help to keep them in place. Also can offer a bit more support for the girls than the wrap around style, if you need some help with that.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with summertime girl, the halter style tops tend to be pretty flattering for the larger boobies and help to keep them in place. Also can offer a bit more support for the girls than the wrap around style, if you need some help with that.

Not for me. The halters and triangles make my boobs look like sausages. Most unflattering cut for me.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I am big boobed too - (38D) and after nursing two kids I need the support ;) -- I LOVE Athleta bathingsuits!!! Love love love them. The tops are fabulous and you can choose from lots of different bottom coverages. yay you!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    bump.

tumblr_m96pi3ac9q1rsvmjk.gif

You may want this shirt too. It has 2 like buttons. :love: :drinker:
    875564_zpsc4b21cd3.jpg