30 Day Shred Level 3 ?

Options
Moving to level 3 on Monday. Who's done level 3 and how does it compare to the others? In some aspects I thought level 1 was harder than 2 but I've noticed more change in my muscles with level 2.

Replies

• Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I adore Level 3. It's my favorite of the three. It includes some plyometrics (jumping) and a good bit more plank-based work. I personally found level 2 to be the hardest and would gladly skip it all together. However, I think the program is designed to do all three levels because they each work slightly different muscles.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I adore Level 3. It's my favorite of the three. It includes some plyometrics (jumping) and a good bit more plank-based work. I personally found level 2 to be the hardest and would gladly skip it all together. However, I think the program is designed to do all three levels because they each work slightly different muscles.

Thank you...I really like the plank work (I know glutton for punishment) but I think that is why my arms are showing so much more definition now. Plyometrics and I have a love hate relationship...I love them but they kill my ankles.
  • Jess814
    Options
    I loved Level 3. I have done that work out so many times that I could do it without actually having to watch the DvD. It is more challenging and it's supposed to be. The first few times you do it, it might be quite difficult because of all the new weight usage but, you'll get used to it and you're REALLY going to be feeling it in the morning. Haha.

I'm restarting the shred while I'm on winter break.

Good luck to you!
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I loved Level 2 and Level 3! I think that they're each tough on different muscle groups. The program is great....I just wish each level were a little bit longer. By the middle of the program, my strength had increased so much that I was doing 2 levels each day. (So, clearly, the program is excellent for improving strength!)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I loved Level 2 and Level 3! I think that they're each tough on different muscle groups. The program is great....I just wish each level were a little bit longer. By the middle of the program, my strength had increased so much that I was doing 2 levels each day. (So, clearly, the program is excellent for improving strength!)

I've been thinking about stacking a couple of levels together. I do 20 minutes on the treadmill after 30DS.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Level 3 is awesome....others are right, each level works your body differently, I happen to love them all, but I think level 3 is the hardest. My only disappointment is that, as much as they work your butt...they don't last long enough for me. So some days I'll add cardio, other days I'll do two levels. I've done all 3 levels at once, but I wouldn't recommend that! Good luck with it...and enjoy!! :)

On a side note: there was an article I read recently (and others that MFP members have posted in the forum) that said a workout should never get easy, that is what causes the body to plateau...I wish I remembered where I found it, it had a ton of great advice and tips. It is also the theory behind Tony H's (P90 empire) 'muscle confusion' technique. Anyhow, just thought I'd throw that out there!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i tried both level 2 and level 3 early just for 'fun' and did not like level 2 at all, but really enjoyed level 3...i keep postponing officially starting level 2 because i disliked it that much...i was pondering just moving on to level 3...
  • angelina082476
    Options
    I do everything *kitten* backwards and when I got this DVD I started with level 3 first! Pure craziness but I'm turning 35 in a couple of months and well I want to see fast results and I am with Jillian Michaels...so I broke down and started with level 1 for about 5 days and then on the 6th day I'm gonna do both level 1 and 2 to see if I can handle it....Have any of you ladies stacked two levels and if so was there any benefit to it?