30 Year old itch

Options
I've been overweight most of my life and decided that after my 30th birthday a few weeks ago, it was time to change! Starting simple and enjoying the ease of logging my calories. I know slow & steady is going to win this since I'm trying to lose well over 150 lbs to get down to a healthy weight!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• candixmariex
    candixmariex Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Once you start you can't stop :)
    Good luck :)
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got the perfect attitude to be successful at this! Good for you, and I look forward to seeing your success story someday! :smile:
  • graceful345
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Don't you love the logging? Changing your body and fitness level is a slow and steady process, but logging those numbers every day is like instant gratification. I especially love the barcode reader in the smartphone app! It makes logging soooooo easy!

Once you get to the point where you're exercising a lot, it might be helpful for you to get a heart rate monitor to track your calories burned. It's another way to get that instant sense of satisfaction, and a good way to keep yourself motivated by trying to outdo yesterday's numbers.

Congratulations on making the decision! It's a hard one to make, but it sounds like you have the right attitude!
  • StephyA86
    StephyA86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision to change! Slow and steady wins the race! I decided at 25 that things needed to change and at 27, I'm still working on it! Feel free to add me! :)