Trying this again

Options
I've been on this bicycle more than once in the past two years. I'm going to be 25 soon and I want to get my life on track, health being one of the most important aspects.

I was doing really well for a couple of months and I lost like twenty five pounds. But then I started Cosmetology school (about two thirds of the way done) and I kinda fell behind. Working full time and assisting at a salon on top of school was just made me fall back into old bad habits.

I finally joined a gym again the other day and I've gotten back into doing food prep, now there's just getting back to logging and finding supportive people to be friendly with! I found that this site and all the people helped out so much last time around. I'm hoping to lose around 50-ish pounds (I'm about 224 now at 5'8. Thankfully I didn't put any of the weight I lost back on).

Obviously I'm into all things beauty, I'm a huge nerd, and I recently got a pretty awesome disney tattoo haha. :D

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Zoocachoo
    Zoocachoo Posts: 23
    Options
    Nerds are my kind of people and I totally get the being busy with school. There have been so many times I've wanted to work out but couldn't because I had something due. That also led to me getting way too much takeout to save time.

Disney is also awesome, feel free to add :)
  • tabathas1991
    tabathas1991 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One thing I've found useful is I'll take one day to shop and cook. Chicken works best for me but I'll get 2 packs of 6 count chicken breast. Flavor each one differently so that it feels like a different meal every time. I'll also get some long grain brown rice and a frozen green (broccoli, kale, spinach, green bean etc.) I'll cook all of my chicken (grill or oven) slightly undercooked. Then I'll stack cooked rice on bottom, followed by my greens and half of a chicken breast on top then freeze them all. Night before I'll put one in the fridge and then BOOM lunch. For dinner I usually have more time to cook and I don't have to worry about cooking dinner AND lunch for the next day and I'll do fish or shrimp. Usually shrimp alfredo (pre cooked frozen shrimp). I work full time and a full time student so this is my quick and simple meal ideas. Hope it helps. Feel free to add me :)
  • dizzyupdreams
    dizzyupdreams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nerds are my kind of people and I totally get the being busy with school. There have been so many times I've wanted to work out but couldn't because I had something due. That also led to me getting way too much takeout to save time.

Disney is also awesome, feel free to add :)

Take out is so easy to get when you're busy. It's literally the worst. But I'm glad there are people I share interests with on here. ????
  • dizzyupdreams
    dizzyupdreams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One thing I've found useful is I'll take one day to shop and cook. Chicken works best for me but I'll get 2 packs of 6 count chicken breast. Flavor each one differently so that it feels like a different meal every time. I'll also get some long grain brown rice and a frozen green (broccoli, kale, spinach, green bean etc.) I'll cook all of my chicken (grill or oven) slightly undercooked. Then I'll stack cooked rice on bottom, followed by my greens and half of a chicken breast on top then freeze them all. Night before I'll put one in the fridge and then BOOM lunch. For dinner I usually have more time to cook and I don't have to worry about cooking dinner AND lunch for the next day and I'll do fish or shrimp. Usually shrimp alfredo (pre cooked frozen shrimp). I work full time and a full time student so this is my quick and simple meal ideas. Hope it helps. Feel free to add me :)

Yeah I'm gone from like 8-ish in the morning (unless I go to the gym, then it's earlier) til about midnight so I have to plan all aspects of my food. But I kinda like it. I know it's weird but I do.
  • kespo63
    kespo63 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I joined months ago and did pretty well...then the holidays...and pretty much back where I started. Began again 5 weeks ago because the family is going on an Easter cruise and I wanted to slim down a bit for the pictures! So far I have lost @ 8 pounds. I exercise at least 5 times a week (last week was 7). I like to mix it up so some days I do Jillian Michaels dvds, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No more trouble zones. Some days I run. I also throw in some Slim in 6 dvds. Kicked the kids out of the playroom (too old) and made it into a fitness room. I love it. Need to lose 10 more before cruise...