Ladies with big boobs! :)

Options

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with summertime girl, the halter style tops tend to be pretty flattering for the larger boobies and help to keep them in place. Also can offer a bit more support for the girls than the wrap around style, if you need some help with that.

Not for me. The halters and triangles make my boobs look like sausages. Most unflattering cut for me.
    [/quote

like this?

h7F246C3E
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with summertime girl, the halter style tops tend to be pretty flattering for the larger boobies and help to keep them in place. Also can offer a bit more support for the girls than the wrap around style, if you need some help with that.

Not for me. The halters and triangles make my boobs look like sausages. Most unflattering cut for me.

like this?

h7F246C3E

LOL

Not exactly. :-)
  • mbennett024
    mbennett024 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I saw some tops at walmart that were "true to bra size" and had underwire. If you aren't into walmart I'm sure something similar can be found online.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    another vote for lands end. i like them due to quality and not so naked looking. i wear a tankini.

I need to get myself to a store this weekend and try some tankinis, just to see. Never tried one before.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I have not found what I'd hoped to find here. Misleading thread is misleading.
  • SeattleJill
    SeattleJill Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion as a DDD/E is to stay away from the Halter top if you plan on being in it for extended periods of time. I made the mistake of taking a halter top bathing suit on a cruise, where I spent most of my time in the water, and the added weight of the ladies on my neck sucked.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am a 32G, and have been getting AMAZING bikinis from Freya and Fantastie and Aerin Rose and Panache. You can find deals for them on Figleaves.com, barenesscesities.com, and Herroom.com. They are pretty expensive, but they look killer and are built like luxury bras with underwires and everything. I know Freya goes all the way up to a K-cup.

http://www.panache-lingerie.com/en/products/list/panache-swim
    http://www.freyalingerie.com/swim.aspx
    http://www.fantasie.com/swimwear.aspx

These are heavy duty products, and they have never let me down. They are sized by bra sizes, and I haven't even though of buying a bra that wasn't Fantasie or Freya since highschool.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    another vote for lands end. i like them due to quality and not so naked looking. i wear a tankini.

I need to get myself to a store this weekend and try some tankinis, just to see. Never tried one before.

i have NEVER worn a bikini, so this is about as close as i will go. oh wait, i wore one ONCE while i was pg and rocked the bare bump, but other than that i've never felt comfortable in them, even when i was a teenager and had a perfect figure LOL
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Mine are real -and after two kids and breastfeeding-they are unspectacular.:laugh:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

like this?

h7F246C3E

LOL

Not exactly. :-)

Mine definitely don't look like that ;)
  • pandagirl813
    pandagirl813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    What about this? But in black and white :)
    http://www.unique-vintage.com/images/7999newlarger.jpg
  • a6ftdiva
    a6ftdiva Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at Lands End last year... they have underwires and tanknin or one piece options with lots of different patterns. IM a 42DD and they fit by Brasize and were pretty accurate. I bought each item in 3 sizes and returned what I didnt need at my local sears (no shipping charge) I ended up with 2 different tops and a navy swimskirt they were a little pricey for me, but finding a good underwire swimsuit was totally worth it... Good Luck!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    asciiqwerty - I have heard of bravissimo, but didn't know they did suits, will definitely look there, thanks! I also have smaller shoulders, so the wide straps you find with bras/bathing suits in general just swallow me.

seltzermint - YES!! anything one piece - dresses or suits - either I'm bursting out the top or it's baggy everywhere else. I've found dresses that work for me, and I love wrap style dresses because they can be fitted around everything without being baggy or tight anywhere. And so many suits either have no or inadequate underwire. Just can't be done unless your boobs are normal sized or implants. :-/ I also like to swim...never needed to look sexy. But like I said - this is the first year ever that I have been remotely happy with my body. It's not perfect, by any means...but I've actually put work into it, and I can see some of the results. I don't want to buy another swimsuit to hide myself. I've done the skirts...and the tshirt over my suit. I just want to look pretty this year.

This is the style I'm contemplating:
    27926newlarger2_zpsfa4ac033.jpg?t=1395852200

I was looking at that suit too.

This is the one I'm leaning to at the moment

http://www.unique-vintage.com/unique-vintage-white-ruched-mansfield-halter-piece-swimsuit-p-27740.html
  • Alz4589
    Alz4589 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If anyone is in NYC or major cities I recommend going to Intimacy or other bra "boutiques." It can be expensive but those of us who are well endowed know that comfort and control are essential so I splurge on good ones :) Good luck!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm a 28F-ish (and have been as big as 32G) and for me, while the retro suits are cute, they are always too wide in the bottom band because they come in dress sizes. I had to cut off the closure and just tie it so it was tight enough, but it was a painful hack for a $100 suit.

I don't buy anything that doesn't tie at both the neck and back, so I like triangle-styles a lot, actually. I can yank them snug and hoist my boobs practically to my chin if I want. I think there is a photo in my profile of me at my heaviest in one of those tops in the ocean, and it worked fine.

Those bra-style suits might fit, but to me they look like granny bras and I just can't do it.
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I was a 42G but am down to a 40DDD. I am thinking these are not going to look very good by the time this is over. But I will cross that bridge when I come to it. The last time I purchased bras it was online. I knew what sizes I was needing and I found them really cheap. So give it a try. I always look for free shipping as well.

I hope you find the perfect suit for you.

A question for you. do you wear sports bras? And if so where do you find them. I cannot find any that fit well and I need them so bad.

There are a ton of threads in this forum about this topic. Just search. I get mine (38DD, but honestly I'm probably more of a 36F) at Athleta. Moving comfort has great sports bras with underwire and everything. I used to do the regular bra with sports bra on top but it started leaving pretty painful boob sores (ouch!)
  • Chantilly_laced
    Options
    you'll probably feel most comfortable (and covered) in a halter-top style or even a racer-back style if you can find one you like. Many of the retro versions I've seen have the halter-top to go with it. if all else fails, go with a sports bra... nobody will be the wiser!!
    Good luck on your search! The suit you posted is adorable! :)
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I have the same problems, big boobs, very small waist, big hips. I have heard halter styled swimsuits help the best.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    *peeks in, looks around for women with big boobs*

**looks down at my own chest -- I'm out :-(
  • Just_Bella
    Options
    I have big boobs 38DD I got a cute little bikini at walmart of all places.