The Beauty Detox Solution?

Options
Has anyone read the book / tried the diet?

I flicked through the book in the supermarket and it sounds interesting but maybe a bit complicated.

What you eat is important but what order you eat is apparently key too as is what foods you combine in each meals. Plus not drinking during the meal or for an hour afterwards. Oh and it said to eat alkaline foods - well foods that leave an alkaline residue in the body rather than acid.

The word BEAUTY was mentioned a lot! Appeals to my (very) shallow side - beauty food pairing, beauty minerals, beauty recipes, and 3 stages of beauty to follow.

It is by Kimberly Snyder.

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    What problem is it the solution to?
  • plaingirly
    plaingirly Posts: 378
    Options
    What problem is it the solution to?

Ageing and being fat and having no energy according to the back of the book.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    It's just another fad, waste of money, scheme. Pay no mind to it.

Repeat the mantra: calories in vs. calories out, calories in vs. calories out...

Your body doesn't care what order you eat your food in, or what time of day. If you want to improve your health, eat healthy foods. If you want to improve your skin, drink water, wear sunscreen every day and use skin products that work for you. If you want to lose weight, consume less calories than you burn. That simple!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a solution for Kimberley Snyder to get cash out of people's pockets and into her bank account.
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a solution for Kimberley Snyder to get cash out of people's pockets and into her bank account.

'Zactly.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    It's a load of crap. Disregard it, acquire food scale.
  • shalysewrightbethea
    shalysewrightbethea Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My beauty detox solution. Eat what I want ( which is normally fruit and veggies anyway) and drink water. Eliminate as much process food out of my diet as I can.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I wish I could get back the $14 I paid for this. Most of it is ridiculous speculation that is not supported by any solid scientific evidence, and the rest of it is common sense. Basically it's just trying to tell you to eat your fruits and veggies and cut out milk/alcohol/soda/added sugar which anyone could figure out on their own.
  • couture_my_body
    couture_my_body Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just got and read the entire book. I'm overweight, have lost 25 pounds in the past four months through restriction (calories in vs. calories out as one responder here said) but was not feeling any healthier really. Sure, I'm no longer obese, just overweight, but I'm still tired, still seeing no increase in endurance, etc. I turned to Kimberly Snyder's book as I have read alot on alkalinity of the body and the negative affects animal protein and animal by-products have on the body and I thought this could give me more information in one spot - and it did. I think redhead1910 is way off - there are numerous (read: thousands) of reputable studies worldwide that back up what she says in the book. Some of it is common sense - for the educated - but some of it is NOT common sense, and extremely informative - especially for those who still buy into our ridiculous government-issued food pyramid brought to you from yours truly, the USA corporatocracy. Most people don't know about uric acid and casein and the 8 essential amino acids, etc. I found her book to be a wealth of information and I can't wait to start implementing her method into my diet. Will I ever give up meat/poultry/fish? Or stop splurging on the occasional strawberry cheesecake and gluten-FULL bread options? Nope. Will I cut animal protein back to three times a week? And only splurge on the other stuff that's detrimental to my body's health and performance? If it means decreasing a plethora of cancer risks and ailments right away to a long ways down the road - HELL YES. I think you all get my point - It's a well thought out and researched book that demands the attention of our obese, corporation-run-food-centered population.
  • md523083
    md523083 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have tried to stick with her plan before and was always starving... and I have a history of successfully eating 500 calories a day on HCG without hunger (yeah, NOT proud of that). I would love to stick with her plan for the skin and energy benefits but it just makes me feel awful. Not enough protein in her plan.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    there are numerous (read: thousands) of reputable studies worldwide that back up what she says in the book.

Can you provide links to some of these "thousands" of studies that support this book's claims? I'll wait. Thanks.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    there are numerous (read: thousands) of reputable studies worldwide that back up what she says in the book.

Can you provide links to some of these "thousands" of studies that support this book's claims? I'll wait. Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure that by "thousands" she means none, but you may wait a while for any response since this thread was dredged up from almost a year ago...