I'm having a problem losing lbs.?

Options
Hello all..

I'm fairly new to My fitness pal, and working out in gen. I started working out a month ago. I workout 2-3 times a week, Going to Orange Theory, and I burn anywhere from 800-900 per workout. The thing is, I'm looking to burn fat, I've noticed that i've been at the same weight for 2 weeks now. I'm eating well, (I think) but I'm not seeing the lbs come off on the scale. I do notice that my BMI% has come down though... but, I dont know if i'm building more muscle, or if i'm still eating to much! I'm not looking to bulk up! just looking to get lean. Your thoughts???:smile:

Thank you,

Cory

Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I only see one day of logging?
  • NancyH66
    NancyH66 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yeah...it is impossible to give advice without more information. Keep working out and start logging everything you eat. You might want to start logging your measurements also since you could be losing inches (muscle gain / fat loss) which could explain the lack of movement on the scale.

keep at it....a month isn't very long.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Ummm
    BMI is only based on height and weight so if it has come down you must be losing weight.
    otherwise I'm confused..................................
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Ummm
    BMI is only based on height and weight so if it has come down you must be losing weight.
    otherwise I'm confused..................................

Possibly confusing BMI with BF%?

And yes, as others have said, it's really so very little time that it's hard to gauge what's going on. Weight loss isn't going to be linear, so it may take awhile to truly see what your work is doing for you.
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm eating well, (I think) ...
    I would guess you are not eating at a deficit. You won't know unless you log everything you eat.
  • modme09
    modme09 Posts: 2
    Options
    What does your work outs consist of? Id go with full body workouts at least 3days using your basic compound presses and try to get in 2 days of hiit in (on off days or after workout). Sometimes people look too much into diet and forget about other factors like how much are you sleeping? How is your stress levels? Age in men is another factor due to testosterone levels(last two also effect your test levels). Does your body have too much estrogen? (seems like a rude question to ask a male but estrogen slows down weight loss and other stuff) ... these are just a few extra thoughts to play with But one thing is for sure if you are working out and want to maintain your current muscle mass then intake atleast 1g of protein to lean muscle mass or your body with be more likely to not care were its getting its energy from while being deficient. And dont expect many gains at all at the gym as far as muscles being in calorie deficiency will make you loose fat but is very hard to gain muscle in this process, too many people (myself included) fall victim to an endless stand still of no gains and no fat loss trying to do both at the same time.