Best calorie tracker?

Options
I have a mio motive and a soleus mini GPS watch and neither seem to track my calories correctly. For example, on one of my 3 mile runs the mio said 450 calories and the Soleus said 285.

I'm getting ready to try to do some Insanity and Body Combat after my first half marathon this weekend, and I need to be able to accurately track my calories. Looking to stay under $100 if possible.

Suggestions?

Replies

• msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    none?
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Um for Insanity, get an HRM. I tried it and my HR shot up to the 190's because I was pushing so hard, and it shouldn't got above 180 at the MOST!

I think that it is more accurate anyway.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    What kind is what I'm looking for... What brand?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    What kind is what I'm looking for... What brand?
    Polar FT4 and 7 seem popular. Do a search here for Heart Rate monitor.
  • persaud87
    Options
    Save your money. Do a internet search for the average calories burned for the particular cardio you are about to do. For example, it is safe to assume, for running, that you are burning 100 calories per mile if you are relatively fit, and 125 calories if you are out of shape. Data will vary for the specific exercise. Any kind of OTC monitor seldom gets it correct, leading to over eating (rarely under eating, as most over estimate) when the person has the belief that they're actually at maintenance or in a deficit.

Pencil in the data before you begin. If you're going on a six mile run then count it as 600 and build your diet around that.