Herbalife HELP

Options
Hello, I just recently dedicated myself to seriously loosing weight. A lot of people are recommending trying Herbalife. After checking out a few things I've came to the conclusion that yes it may just work BUT, I fear this reps are just trying to make a buck from me by pushing all these packages. So my question is: If you have been successful using this product line, what did you start out using that was MOST effective? please help...
Xoxo, Teammiller092411

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I personally haven't tried it but had a chance to on the cheap as one of my friends is pretty high up in the company...

I wouldn't do it even on the cheap...the reps are just pushing packages on you to make money.

The cheapest, easiest, most successful weight loss plan is free and you are here.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yep, don't do it.
  • teammiller092411
    teammiller092411 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, My main concern is I want to maximize my weight loss. I'm a visual type of person so seeing results helps me stay focus and push harder. any tips on products to purchase (ie. shakes, vitamins, etc.)
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Thanks, My main concern is I want to maximize my weight loss. I'm a visual type of person so seeing results helps me stay focus and push harder. any tips on products to purchase (ie. shakes, vitamins, etc.)

None, money would be better spent on a gym membership. Eat a moderate deficit, lift heavy, get results.

Rigger
  • teammiller092411
    Options
    Thanks, I actually have a gym membership.. but where exactly do I start? any apps that are recommended for exercising? I'm so sorry for all the questions but I really need this to happen for me and I fear that the lack of knowledge or how to "do it the right way" will be a waste of my time and money. I've been drinking water no sugary or carbonated drinks, cut down my portions and eating healthier so far.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Pick up a book called Starting Strength, read and follow. Do cardio if the mood strikes you, if not, don't.

Rigger
  • teammiller092411
    Options
    Thanks!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You're making it way more complicated than it needs to be, and placing a much higher value on weight loss tools as being required for success than you need to. Success comes from you and your effort, not an app, pill, shake, workout gear, video, or class.

I think these will be very helpful for you:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • bigdaddy_6224
    Options
    I actually sold herbalife and look back and I am appalled at what I was pushing. The products are pretty much crap in a bottle. Not condusive to healthy LIVING. They will help you lose weight, but in my humble opinion, its not sustainable living. Check out www.IIFYM.com. There are calculators on there that can give you a starting point as to how many calories,proteins,carbs and fats you should be eating to reach your goals. Hope this helps! (P.S....I also write diet plans...shameless plug. LOL!)
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you stick to herbalife you will get results fast.

No the results will not be sustainable when you resume 'normal eating'.

Time has proven the most successful weightloss comes from eating less and doing more. You can do this you just must understand it is a slow process. Go and take lots of photos of yourself. Measure everywhere. Get your body fat percentage measured. Try on the clothes you have which are too small.

Progress can be seen in so many ways so do this for when the number on the scales slows down. Best. Motivation. Ever.
  • teammiller092411
    Options
    Thank you guys!!!
  • teammiller092411
    Options
    I actually sold herbalife and look back and I am appalled at what I was pushing. The products are pretty much crap in a bottle. Not condusive to healthy LIVING. They will help you lose weight, but in my humble opinion, its not sustainable living. Check out www.IIFYM.com. There are calculators on there that can give you a starting point as to how many calories,proteins,carbs and fats you should be eating to reach your goals. Hope this helps! (P.S....I also write diet plans...shameless plug. LOL!)

SO, can I get that diet plan?
  • lulu838
    lulu838 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I was on herbalife for 6 months last year. I looked and felt great while I was on it however when I stopped doing it I was very tired with bad skin and my hair was thinner. I think herbalife is ok for a quick fix but it's not a long term diet plan. I'd recommend eating clean with lots of protein in your diet - no fizzy drinks, cake, choc, fast food,,alcohol etc and high intensity cardio & weights 4-5 times a week. Hope that helps!
  • teammiller092411
    Options
    Hi, I was on herbalife for 6 months last year. I looked and felt great while I was on it however when I stopped doing it I was very tired with bad skin and my hair was thinner. I think herbalife is ok for a quick fix but it's not a long term diet plan. I'd recommend eating clean with lots of protein in your diet - no fizzy drinks, cake, choc, fast food,,alcohol etc and high intensity cardio & weights 4-5 times a week. Hope that helps!

Thank you!!!! I have cut all sugary drink out and drinking way more water than I'm use to which I think I'm beginning to like. The hardest part is know exactly what I can and can't eat...
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Herbal life also recommends a healthy well balanced diet with limiting processed foods - this you can do without buying their supplements or pre packaged meal replacements - you are on a free site with lots of good information available - use this and you will lose! :flowerforyou:
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I actually have a gym membership.. but where exactly do I start? any apps that are recommended for exercising? I'm so sorry for all the questions but I really need this to happen for me and I fear that the lack of knowledge or how to "do it the right way" will be a waste of my time and money. I've been drinking water no sugary or carbonated drinks, cut down my portions and eating healthier so far.

Buy the book New Rules of Lifting for Women - that will help a lot and strength training will do wonders for you.
  • teammiller092411
    Options
    Herbal life also recommends a healthy well balanced diet with limiting processed foods - this you can do without buying their supplements or pre packaged meal replacements - you are on a free site with lots of good information available - use this and you will lose! :flowerforyou:
    You are exactly right and I will do just that. I seriously appreciate this guys.
  • ErinGudge
    Options
    I use an app called MapMyWalk in combination with MyFitnessPal. I also use a FitBit, and I have the three accounts/apps linked together. It gives me a very clear understanding of my nutrition and exercise levels. I did WeightWatchers, but I find these three things combined are far more successful for me and my lifestyle.

Good luck!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Want help ? Save your money. Visit WDW.
  • peachybum21
    peachybum21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Blah to herbalife! Never tried it BUT my mother in law was trying it and has decided to become a rep, Said she "liked" the shakes which was the main reason she started it!
    After a couple of weeks, complained of bad stomach cramping and generally feeling crap. She went to see her GP and turned out the "herbal supplement tablets" she was taking (supplied in the herbalife plan) were essentially poisoning her because they had a negative interaction with some other medication she was on.
    I'm not saying everyone is going to have negative effects, but the underlying principal of herbalife is calorie deficit, unless im confused?!
    If you are going to try any fad type diets or even normal weight loss, its a good idea to have a chat with your GP, especially if you are taking any other meds or have pre existing medical conditions.
    P.S <3 my fitness pal!