How often do you workout for last 15 pounds?

Options
I am trying to both lose weight, but also build muscle. So my workouts are a little different than maybe most people who are losing weight, and clearly the scale doesn't move as fast. I am pretty much working out 6x a week, between light and moderate, and I do heavy weights 2x/week. I'm doing all of this both because I have 10 pounds to lose (those are the hardest) and I definitely needed to get more in shape and stronger. But I sometimes doubt whether is too much or not, or if this is pretty normal for those who have to lose <15 pounds. This is what my week looks likes pretty much:
Monday - Either 50-60 mins of stairs at fat burning mode
Tuesday/Thursday -45 minutes of weights, 45 minutes of stairs at fat burning mode
Wednesdays - Take an Insanity class for 45 mins
Friday - Take a 45-minute total body class that involves both cardio and some weights
Saturday - 50-60 minutes of stairs at fat burning mode
Other than that, I am eating 1500 calories, I'm 5'5 and 155 pounds, 26 years old.
I have seen great changes in my body, I look much more defined and clothes are fitting way better. But I've just lose 10 pounds since November and it's looking like it's going slower now.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    weight loss is about the calorie deficet.

Your diary is closed so...are you weighing your food? logging everything? choosing correct entries?

How much are you losing a week?

I lift 3x a week, HIIT 2x a week and eat 1700 a day and lose about 3/4 of a lb a week...I am 159 and 5 ft 7 and 41...so our stats are similar (not exact) but close...
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Set your goal for .5 lb. and be patient. Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    it is almost impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time …one requires a deficit, and one require surplus energy, so the yard basically diametrically opposed to one other.

I think you are doing too much cardio. I would suggest continue eating at a moderate calorie deficit maybe 15% cut …and increase strength training.

Pick up a copy of starting strength and/or new rules of lifting ..

I would suggest something like ..

monday - strength
    tues - cardio
    wens - strength train
    thurs - cariod/abs
    friday - strength train
    saturday - off
    sunday - active rest/off/etc…

or you could do upper/lower…monday - upper; tuesday - lower; wens - cardio/abs thurs - upper; friday - lower sat rest; sunday - run/active rest/whatever…
  • dreams4sale
    Options
    At 5'5" and 155 lbs you should probably commit to gaining muscle or losing fat. I was 145 (I'm 5'5") and lost 25 lbs and am now currently lifting heavy and eating a slight deficit and am seeing both strength gain and fat loss, the fat loss is just super slow and I can't increase the weight on my lifts as fast as I could if I were eating at maintenance or above.