Where do you do Stronglifts 5x5

Options
For those of you doing Stronglifts 5x5, where are you doing it? Do you have a personal trainer? Do you do it in a gym where someone spots you? Coaches you?

I am having the hardest time trying to find a personal trainer/coach and a place to do serious weightlifting.

Replies

• spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it at home. My brother helps me out to make sure my form is correct, since he's done it before. Watching the videos on Youtube really helps.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    bump
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I just did it at the gym by myself
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I also do it at the gym by myself. If you're using a power rack, you don't need a spot because the safety catches will take the weight if you can't do the move.

I struggled with form for a bit in the beginning, but I watched Medhi's full-length videos, took notes and took the notes to the gym with me. I don't have a camera phone, but I know of other women who video their lifts to look at their form and make corrections that way.

Good luck!
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I live in a little tiny town but have access to the school weight room where I teach. They don't have anything fancy but I utilize the squat rack for some moves and they have some benches. I'll admit it was a bit daunting walking in there with the big football players at first but now it's almost like they "admire" the fact that a woman (even more so a teacher) is in there lifting with them.
    I really watched a lot of videos on how to do the moves and have my bf come with occasionally to video my lifts and I adjust accordingly if needed.