Joined MFP today

Options
New member, just joined today. Looking for friends!! Also as an ex competitive athlete looking to get back into personal fitness.

Replies

• dinojay28
    dinojay28 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well I added you ^_^ oh man talk about back to the glory days I'm an ex athlete as well I still fulfill my softball playing in a few leagues but I miss fast pitch! I also played basketball and volleyball. What did you do? Nowadays I'm a gym bunny runner cyclist and love hiking ^_^ what are you looking to get out of mfp?
  • Blazinthesky
    Blazinthesky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    joined recently, working on my fitness...
  • LindaDee1969
    Options
    I'm breaking stuff when I sit or stand on it. It's time to loss an entire person! Actually need to loss 140 pounds. But my first goal is 80. At least that will get me off the recruiting roister for the Chicago bears defense.
    I'm totally open to breaking my jaw and wiring it shut at this point.
    I'm curious however, when I'm skinny does that mean I won't be jolly anymore? Or is that old adage about fat people being jolly a myth?
  • Dmarshall92
    Options
    Haha yea I was a boxer, wrestler, football, and soccer player. I do intramural sports now but obviously it doesn't come with any out of season training or anything. Im just looking to meet people and share and learn from them!
  • Dmarshall92
    Options
    @LindaDee1969 from my experience as a wrestler and boxer, there are a lot of ways to lose weight fast that are very unhealthy and can permanently damage your body. So just take it day by day, I was miserable when we would cut 20 pounds a week, I fully regret trying to lose weight that fast just to make weight every week. Im sure you will do it much safer than I did though. Good luck ma'am!
  • TechnoEve
    TechnoEve Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi! i'm not new in MFP but i'm new to meeting new people

i