Struggling to eat enough calories

According to MFP I need 1600 cal. With breast feeding and exercising I often struggle to meet my caloric needs. What's some improvements I could make to get more calories for healthy weight loss? I've open my food journal up for some critique. I've put my big girl boots on and ready for the good, bad, and ugly. :)

Replies

• tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Haven't looked at your diary. But here are some high calorie, low volume foods: nut and seed butters, nuts and seeds, butter and margarine, cookies, ice cream, chocolate, nutella, full fat dairy (cheese, yogurt).
  • Are you overweight? If so, were you overweight before pregnancy? How much weight do you need to lose?
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    I just looked at one day and your sodium was way way way over. However if you are trying to eat more calories just add an additional item to each meal, in my opinion that is the easiest way to do it. Breakfast add an extra egg or a piece of toast lunch, add a banana, maybe another slice of protein, snack on some almonds, just try to increase little by little and you'll get there fine.
  • earlybrd7
    earlybrd7 Posts: 56 Member
    Avocados are your friend.
  • TruthNotLies5
    TruthNotLies5 Posts: 7 Member
    I'd like to lose 35 pounds. My weight has greatly fluctuated over the 5 years if off and on pregnancy. Started at 160, went up to 215 but am down to about 180. If I could get to the 150's I'd be so happy. Does that help?

Sodium...not sure what to do about that. I try to eat animal based protein. I don't add much salt except to my morning eggs. I am trusting the sodium levels in mfp to be accurate...and hopefully I'm picking the right foods. I like keep track of food but I never know if I'm picking the right ones. If it doesn't have a label then there's no nutritional label. Just me, my scale, and the people of MFP.