First night eating out...

Options
I have a dinner to go to tonight and I am losing my mind trying to pick what to eat. I'm going to skip the appetizers and desert since they would put me way over....probably the soup/salad course too...

What would you choose and how would you estimate the calories (no nutritionals available)? I only have 1200 calories to play with per day...

SOUP/SALAD...

a) MARKET CAESAR SALAD
Romaine lettuce | shaved Parmesan | truffle oil croutons | classic dressing

b) HARVEST ARUGULA SALAD
sliced apples and pears | sun-dried cranberries | pistachios | apple cider vinaigrette | warm goat cheese “fritter”

c) CLASSIC NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER
oyster crackers | diced scallions

d) “B.L.T.A.” WEDGE SALAD
Iceberg wedge | crisp bacon | diced tomatoes | avocado | Bleu cheese crumbles | ranch dressing

e) SEASONALLY-INSPIRED SOUP OR SALAD

ENTRÉE….. Choice of:

a) EVERYTHING-CRUSTED YELLOW FIN TUNA
brussels sprouts | carrots | roasted fennel | chile ginger glaze

b) 8 OZ. CENTER-CUT FILET MIGNON
compound tarragon butter | whipped potato puree | asparagus spears

c) GRILLED BERKSHIRE PORK CHOP
roasted shallot and sun-dried cranberry topping | asparagus spears | roasted fingerling potatos | port wine reduction | truffled Gorgonzola cheese drizzle

d) PAN-SEARED DAY BOAT SCALLOPS
wild Portabella, Shiitake, and Porcini mushroom risotto | red and yellow pepper coulis

e) OVEN-ROASTED FREE RANGE CHICKEN
garlic & red pepper wilted spinach | smashed fingerling potatoes | shallot white wine reduction

f) MARKET “SCAMPI”
black pepper fettucini | shrimp | scallops | half lobster | asparagus tips | sun-dried tomatoes classic garlic scampi sauce

g) BLACK ANGUS HANGAR STEAK
truffle fingerling potatoes | wild mushroom & peppercorn cream | roasted market vegetables

Replies

• Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Id go with the free range chicken and only eat some of the potatoes. Doesnt say if its the whole or not so Id probably say 800 if its the whole and 500 if its not. Id get the ceasar salad with dressing on the side. Probably 500 cals for that too. Id try to stay away from sauces and glazes since I would have no idea what their calorie counts were.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If you've been logging and keeping to your goals for awhile now, you might be due for a more relaxed night of eating. It is okay once in awhile to go over, especially if you are adhering to 1200 calories a day the rest of the time. I'd be inclined to enjoy whatever I felt like eating for this one night out. That's what I would do.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    heh
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I hope it was all you thought it would be and more
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    a) Harvest Salad with no goat cheese fritter or if you do that, have it on the side and only eat half.

a) Yellow Fin Tuna w/ no glaze, only oven baked or broiled.

It's ok to alter the meal a little - just be specific with your server.
  • ValerieFort
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's unfortunately a networking dinner...not a date dinner. I'm only on week 3, and have been doing well... I don't want to sabotage myself. I've been so good at logging...that not knowing how to do it for tonight is throwing me for a loop.