Hey.

Options
What's up? Gonna lose 60 pounds over the next 6 months.

No, really.

Replies

• CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Good luck, if this is you being serious.
  • skinnykimmy14
    Options
    good luck you can do it! i myself cant find the right mind set to keep sticking to a diet and exercise plan and it is really frustrating
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    word.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I hope you are being realistic.

If you are close to a healthy weight, you realize that it may not be achievable in a healthy manner. I'm not trying to make assumptions about you, but just in case, I thought I would put this out there. Good luck.
  • OwenTurner3
    Options
    I'm aware of the dangers of unrealistic goal setting. Thanks, though.

6'2" - 235 pounds. About 20-25 pounds of it was put on in the last year due to a foot injury, then a leg injury and then laziness/a long winter.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

6'2" - 235 pounds. About 20-25 pounds of it was put on in the last year due to a foot injury, then a leg injury and then laziness/a long winter.
    It is extremely unlikely that you are going to lose an average of 10 pounds a month if you don't starve yourself.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yeah. ok.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    ho! hey! ho! hey!

I've been trying to do it right.
    I've been living a lonely life.
    I've been sleeping here instead.
    I've been sleeping in my bed...sleeping in my bed.
  • Deesenergy19
    Deesenergy19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No really I know!! Great start.;... buena suerta
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Yeah, you're going to have to push pretty hard. It can be done. Just be careful not to frustrate yourself over it. Stressing about weight loss can actually cause a cortisol release preventing you from losing weight.
  • OwenTurner3
    Options

Yeah, you're going to have to push pretty hard. It can be done. Just be careful not to frustrate yourself over it. Stressing about weight loss can actually cause a cortisol release preventing you from losing weight.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm a pretty mellow guy.
  • OwenTurner3
    Options
    Good luck, if this is you being serious.

I like the post edit. :)

Yes, this is me being serious. One of my favorite sayings: "If you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly."
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I thought you might....I honestly couldn't tell if you were serious at first... But seeing has how you are mellow and serious, I do truly wish you the best of luck... :-)

Just my opinion though, I think the size you are now is a good one.. Tall men as yourself to me, generally don't look their best under 200lbs. Maybe just hit the weights or crossfit and some light cardio?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Hey.
  • OwenTurner3
    Options
    I thought you might....I honestly couldn't tell if you were serious at first... But seeing has how you are mellow and serious, I do truly wish you the best of luck... :-)

Just my opinion though, I think the size you are now is a good one.. Tall men as yourself to me, generally don't look their best under 200lbs. Maybe just hit the weights or crossfit and some light cardio?

About 13 years ago, I was right around 180, lifting 4x/week. I felt great at that weight. Once I started adding bulk, I felt...I dunno...just "wrong." I'm gonna focus on cardio/diet/flexibility/light weights with high reps for now.