Hard to Reach Fat Deposits

Options
I'm within 5 pounds of my goal and am slowly getting there. I notice though that I still have my "love Handles". Although they are mush smaller than when I started, I can't seem to get rid of them to where I'm happy with them.

Is there any specific way to target this area?

I'm concerned that I'm losing muscle mass now and not fat.

I'm a 39 year old Male

Replies

• PokenStick
    Options
    Unfortunatly spot reducing isn't possible. When your body loses fat, it takes it from everywhere or depending on genetics where ever it wants to.

Consider doing more weight training and I didnt look at your diet but make sure you're eating enough protein.
  • casonyamc
    Options
    I was told tby my Zumba instructor that running makes everything fall off, so you might want to try running.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Don't obsess over weight too much. You can get rid of body fat without losing weight. The scale measures weight in fat, muscle, water, etc. People can be losing muscle which is why the scale can go down which isn't something to be happy about. I am currently maintaining my weight and doing Insanity to rid the last bit of body fat on my body. Heck, I might even gain weight from getting more muscle! I could careless though. I love seeing inches melting off.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Try going a little heavier with your weight training to put on a little bit of muscle. Alternate your sessions between light weights/more reps and heavy weights/less reps to fully hit your fast and slow twitch muscle fibers. Combine that with your cardio and the love handles should disappear. Make sure that you're getting enough protein to support muscle growth (between .7 and 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight). Or else just bust your *kitten* doing cardio, if you're going for the lean look.
  • Celtic_Ace
    Options
    What tells the body to break down muscle vs burn fat deposits?