Advice needed/ Anyone with this problem

Options
HELLLPPPP how to kick soda craving I am addicted

Replies

• KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Is it the soda itself, or the caffeine you're addicted to? If it's the soda, maybe try gradually replacing a soda with flavored (naturally preferred) sparkling water? If you drink 3 sodas a day, try 2 and 1 fizzy water. Do that for a few days, then kick another soda and add a second water. Eventually you'll be at all water. If it's the caffeine that's an issue, I don't really have any suggestions lol.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    If its the caffeine you could try green tea with the same method as above, gradually weaning yourself off the soda.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    After I went cold turkey in favour of smoothies for three weeks, it no longer tastes good.
  • priyamvada_k
    priyamvada_k Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If it is the sweet taste and you don't like drinking plain water, try water or plain soda with a splash of juice. Reduce quantity of juice until you're comfortable just drinking water.

Water with a squeeze of lemon, some hand-crushed mint leaves and ice tastes good!
  • MrsHollingsworthThomas
    Options
    I agree that it depends on WHY you're craving sodas.
    If it's the caffeine, maybe you can try tea.
    If it's the 'fizziness' I've heard of people kicking soda cravings by switching to seltzer water. I've done that before when I just WANTED something carbonated. I chose the lemon flavored seltzer and added a few squeezes of fresh lemons.
    It took some getting used to, but if you really want something fizzy, it'll do.

Also, try drinking a big glass of water right when you get the craving for a soda. A lot of time that fills me up and I don't want ANYTHING else. lol

Hope it helps
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I went from regular soda to diet pop. Then I switched to one diet, caffeine free soda a day. After that, only water. It was better for me to do it slowly rather than cold turkey.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I use to drink at least 72 oz. of Pepsi a day. Next, I went from regular to diet and it was worst because I drank more but still did not change my relationship with food. Finally, I switched one bottle of soda for the same amount of water until I go down to all water. It takes time. If you want this to last then take your time and do it slowly. The human body is amazing but we have to treat it right and give it time to adjust to changes.