how to stop eating sweets?

Options
I have a reallllyyyy hard time stopping myself from eating what I crave specially in the evening. during day time I can control myself from eating what I want like sweets and other stuff that will make you fat and continue to eat clean but at night I go crazy for it then I start to eat it. I only shop for healthy food but i live with my mother and there are times where she brings home all those junky food. i have a sweet tooth so it's hard not to eat it when you can see it lol. she knows I'm trying to eat healthy but she still brings them home cause most of the times the food are just given to her by friends or co workers. how do i stop myself from eating all these sugars and carbs? :(

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sweets don't make you fat.

Overeating makes you fat.

If you want sweets fit them in...I eat milk chocolate every night.

I weight it, log it, eat it.
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Don't stop :) enjoy them in moderation. Fit them into your calories/macros and enjoy!
  • SavinnaMarie
    SavinnaMarie Posts: 108 Member
    Options

sweet food is the reason i'm always going over my daily limit. before I crave, i'm usually under my limit but then when i take a bite of a cookie or anything really sweet and delicious, i'd start eating more and more sweets that's in the house
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If you lack the self control necessary to just not eat them or eat them in moderation then I would suggest not having them around, at least until you do get some control back.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

sweet food is the reason i'm always going over my daily limit. before I crave, i'm usually under my limit but then when i take a bite of a cookie or anything really sweet and delicious, i'd start eating more and more sweets that's in the house

Say no after 1 serving or exercise more to have more calories.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I find eating sweets with fiber and/or protein helps curb the urge to eat more and more. It's usually the sharp rise and fall in blood sugar that spurs the want for more. Fiber and protein slow digestion so that you don't get that "sugar rush".

If you really want the sweet, work it and a few nuts into your plan. Eat them together.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am so addicted I would have to have my jaws wired shut... I workout so I can keep eating my goodies!
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Why????
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options

If you find sweets are a major trigger, and the only option is to cut them out completely... then do so, don't keep them in the house AT ALL. Or you will go to them when you feel weak or have a craving.

But I agree with the other comments, in moderation it's fine, sweets aren't the core cause of weight gain.
    If you love sweets, save 200-300 calories for them, or less than that. Just make whatever you want to have fit into your daily calories.
    Weight loss isn't about sacrificing everything you like, it's about controlling your portions and making it fit into your daily plan.
    Exercise is also a wonderful idea if you want to earn more calories, so you don't feel so restricted.
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm a proponent of working everything in your food plan, I think having an inclusive diet is really the only way to make sustainable, healthy change. I still eat sweets every now and then but I find that my sweet cravings are lowered when I have at least 1 citrus fruit a day (orange, grapefruit, etc.). I read somewhere that it evens out your blood sugar or something and I definitely noticed my cravings decrease (not go away completely lol) a few weeks ago when I did that.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have a reallllyyyy hard time stopping myself from eating what I crave specially in the evening. during day time I can control myself from eating what I want like sweets and other stuff that will make you fat and continue to eat clean but at night I go crazy for it then I start to eat it. I only shop for healthy food but i live with my mother and there are times where she brings home all those junky food. i have a sweet tooth so it's hard not to eat it when you can see it lol. she knows I'm trying to eat healthy but she still brings them home cause most of the times the food are just given to her by friends or co workers. how do i stop myself from eating all these sugars and carbs? :(

Why stop?
  • krispy1982
    krispy1982 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'd just about strangle somebody for a chocolate bar if I don't get enough carbs during the day. Carbs help me feel full and energized and if I try to cut them down too much I'm an exhausted sugar - craving maniac who ends up waaaaay over my calorie limit. Maybe get a little more during the day? That way you've planned for them and your total cals are still good and you're not tempted to start raiding the sugar bowl with a spoon?
  • IsaTexDesigner
    IsaTexDesigner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I eat a piece of chocolate every day. They say thats how the French stay slim!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

What is your calorie goal? How much weight are you trying to lose? Current stats?

Not being able to stop after a bite of cookie might mean your calorie goal is unrealistically low.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have found in my almost two year journey that I have to find a way to fit them into my count. I do my best to not over indulge and eat them in moderation because they are something that I like. I was able to cut-out deep fried foods and haven't had anything like that in almost two years. That I've done really well with, but the sweets (good sweets), I have to make sure I excercise so that I can have them when I want too! LOL
  • SavinnaMarie
    SavinnaMarie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! maybe I should start exercising more so it would fit my calorie limit or just tell my mom to hide them where i won't look for it.

my daily limit is 1200 but i eat my workout cals back and my goal is to lose some of the fat on my tummy (why i do cardio) and tone my body through insanity
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Options
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If you lack the self control necessary to just not eat them or eat them in moderation then I would suggest not having them around, at least until you do get some control back.

+1
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Say no after 1 serving or exercise more to have more calories.

indeed.

you have to learn how to moderate these things- find a way- don't keep them in your house- buy your individual candy bars at the store on the way home so you can have your treat but not over do it at home.
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Try weeding it out slowly :) Eat something like a clif bar when you're craving sweets, and then limit yourself to fruit. Usually "craving" sweets isn't a mental thing, it's a physical thing, almost an addiction. You have to get out of the habit so your body doesn't crave it anymore!