DANG!

Options
I binged! hard core! Help! I need to prevent binges like this. How?

Replies

• Tinkerbell1988
    Tinkerbell1988 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I binged! hard core! Help! I need to prevent binges like this. How?
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

BOY, I wish I had the answer
    I've been on this site since Jan and still have BAD days though I've been able to loose 27 pounds and so far...keep it off

(HUGS)
    We all mess up..don't make it worse and tomorrow is a new day
    One binge day isn't going to make u gain weight etc

Kim
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Oh, tinkerbell....It's okay. :wink:

I'm afraid Kim is right; there is no easy answer. I have found that if I give myself one day a week to eat something "out of range" I won't crave it anytime soon again. You know, a burger and fries, or some outlandish ice cream :love:

Just remember for future days when all you want to do is stuff your face: MODERATION is key! And, it doesn't hurt to think about how long it will take to work it off.....I mean, we're here for a reason, right?!

No need to fret, just move on sista! :glasses:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    That's not an easy question.

You need to figure out what caused the binge and how much of it was emotional and how much was physical. First you need to eliminate any negative emotion due to the binge. All the beating yourself up isn't useful and honestly gets us the track of the problem. Start with the attitude that you are a strong logical human being and there is something either inside or outside of you that is the problem.

Physical Issue: Did you allow yourself to get too hungry. Did your blood sugar get too low.

These are things you fix through your diet.

Emotional Issues: Are you eating to avoid an emotion.

Unfortunately, if it's emotional, figuring out what causes it doesn't make it go away (that was a big surprise for me). However, it does help you to learn to (sometimes) sit with the emotion until it doesn't have as much power.
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I was reading an article on weight loss and the writer said, "It is eaiser to keep weight off than to take weight off." I try to think of that. I also think of this when I feel less than motivated to go to the gym.

It will only become a problem if you binge consistently. Today is another day.:wink:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I binged the other day on Graham crackers which caused me to get mad at myself that I had gone over my calories so I kept snacking the rest of the night. :explode:
    It was healthy stuff because I don't keep junk in the house but it was still a binge. I got mad at myself and then realized...I had oatmeal for breakfast and sushi for lunch...I was obviously hungry and should have planned out my day better. Next time I want sushi I am going to do that for dinner after a filling breakfast and lunch.
    Most important thing is to learn from it and not beat yourself up and get right back out there!
  • Tinkerbell1988
    Tinkerbell1988 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful suggestions