Nightmares at night about food

Options
Does this happen to anyone else? I had a dream last night that I was eating Doritos and finished the bag and felt super guilty and everyone around me was judging me for eating that many chips. I woke up and was happy I hadn't actually eaten that, but am I going crazy or what? lol

Replies

• spdoughe
    spdoughe Posts: 51
    Options
    That's funny!! I do have dreams like that sometimes, dreaming all has to do with your subconcious. I use a site called dreammoods.com to sort of peice together meanings of my dreams. Not every day or anything, but the ones that really strike me when I wake up. You have to search by a key word, so maybe "eating" or "chips" or "judgement" or any other word that stands out from your dream. check it out, you may find it connects to a subconcious feeling you've been having :)
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That's awful. It sucks when the stresses from our life invade our rest. I don't have food dreams but I have had dreams where my body just won't ...go. Like, I'm strengthless.
  • Gingerkid05
    Gingerkid05 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm totally looking into this.
  • staceybeee
    staceybeee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This morning when my husbands alarm went off I said "don't forget the 5 tablespoons" and promptly went back to sleep :)

I have been really trying to make sure I measure and weigh properly all week and it's apparently on my mind more than I realized!
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have celiac disease and have dreams all the time about downing baguettes, spaghetti, pizza, cookies, etc. I always wake up panicking that I'm going to be extremely ill that day.

Damn, I miss baguettes.
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Lol! I've had similar dreams before that weren't really nightmares, but if they really happened I guess they would be! Mostly that I've gone to the store and bought bags of all my favourite chips and chocolate, then totally binged on everything non-stop. I woke up feeling very guilty (yet satisfied lol) but then realised it was a dream; and whew what a relief, didn't happen! (Though a bit disappointed my honey-soy chicken redrock deli chips aren't actually there...bugger! :laugh: )

Haven't had one in a long time; but I know it's only happened when I've had healthy eating on the brain and cravings have popped up. Mostly comes around when I'm feeling fearful that I'll lose control and go back to old bad habits. Sounds like yours include a bit of fear of ridicule/judgement as well; I hope you don't have to put up with dreams like that too often; that's never fun. :( I've found the best remedy for me is not to restrict these foods completely from my diet; haven't had the chips yet but every so often if I feel like it I'll have 2-4 squares of chocolate, fit it into my calories for the day. So far no 'binge-mares' ;)
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Food is a metaphor in your dreams. Your binging means you are feel you are lacking in other areas - sex, love, friendship, or some other desire. Whatever this object is you feel you are missing, you feel guilty for wanting it. :smile:
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    ALL THE TIME!!!

Well, not for the last couple weeks, but at one point when I used to go to sleep hungry (don't anymore) I had nightmares that I binged, but would be so relieved it was just a dream when I woke up.
  • TommyJensen1987
    Options
    Absolutely. It isn't strange though, I used to have the same dream about that missing class in HS or elementary school, my driving instructor following me reminding me that I hadn't gotten my license yet (I had passed the test so don't know why) etc.

It is totally normal to have nighmares about crisis situations so that your brain can think about what to do in those cases.