Week 7 of insanity... still havent lost a pound!

Options
Hi,

Im on week 7 of insanity, and I have not lost a pound. Everything I read says weight gain is normal, but should start to fall off after a few weeks... Im on week 7, and I feel stronger, look marginally better, but I am still +1 pounds.

I am eating well. Oatmeal for breakfast, lean meat yogurt and fruit for lunch, fruit smoothie when I get home, and lean meat, veggies and light carb for dinner. No soda, no junk food. I will have a few beers every other weekend.

I also lift weights at lunch. I have about 25 pounds to lose!

Please help!

Replies

• PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yeah... but are you losing inches? Does your clothes feel looser?
    Weight doesn't mean a damn thing anymore. It's all about the inches, hunny. :happy:

I've heard that Insanity is not mostly a "weight loss" program but more for endurance.

If your inches haven't changed at all, i'd take a closer look at your diet. You might be eating too many calories or not enough.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    What Punky said, have you noticed inches getting smaller, your clothes fitting looser? The scale isn't the only way to measure. How many calories do you eat a day on average? Is it possible that you are fitter than you think and don't really need to lose as much as 25 lbs?
  • lwestcott1
    lwestcott1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I decided to train for a half marathon so I'd lose some weight. I wanted to lose 10-15 lbs. By the time I ran that half marathon I'd lost maybe a pound or two but I'd dropped one size. It's not all about the number.

Keep on going and maybe take a hard look at your diet. Track the calories for a week, including those beers. You may find you're eating/drinking more than you think on the weekends.
  • s1nnr
    s1nnr Posts: 7
    Options
    In general, clothes aren't fitting much better... I still feel about the same size.... I have about 25 lbs to lose, i figured I should have at least lost 3-5 lbs by now... I'm working too damn hard for no real change besides I can do insanity more efficiently
  • PunkyDucky
    Options
    So, you have more endurance now..that's great progress!

Don't feel discouraged. Keep going and Keep working damn hard! :flowerforyou:

If going by the scale, it can take weeks to months to see weight loss, honestly. Plus real weight loss comes from the diet not an exercise program.

How many calories are you consuming?
  • s1nnr
    Options
    1800/day.... I usually have no problem dropping weight from just running and eating better...maybe insanity was the wrong program...
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Have you considered that maybe you aren't eating enough(as long as the 1800 is accurate)? I am a 34 yr old woman and can lose on 1700ish when I'm active so I think a man of your age would need more to fuel Insanity and weight lifting.
  • PunkyDucky
    Options
    1800/day.... I usually have no problem dropping weight from just running and eating better...maybe insanity was the wrong program...

Ah F***, you're a dude...
    yes, you need more fuel.
    How did you determine your calorie goal??
  • s1nnr
    Options
    Lool at "f---, you're a dude"

I got it from myfitnesspal

I range from 1800-2300/day... Not from 3 meals, just eating all
    Day
  • s1nnr
    Options
    So what happens when I eat more? My body starts releasing fat? I'm never hungry, when I am, I eat... It's
    Not like I'm starving myself, trust me, if I was letting myself get hungry, my wife would have killed me by now (I get super cranky when I'm hungry, lol)
  • PunkyDucky
    Options
    Hmm, Have you tried inputting your stats the TDEE way?
    Go here http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    ..Now only deduct 15-20% from that TDEE given for weight loss

It'll help to get an accurate calorie goal and stick to it.
    Also, how's your logging? Keeping consistent is key for weight loss.

ETA: After trying this method, give it 2-4 weeks before weighing again.
  • s1nnr
    Options
    Been logging fairly consistently... It's not that bad for me since I usually
    Eat the same things everyday...

Thanks.. I'm gonna keep going through with insanity Bc I don't like quitting anything... But prob won't do it again if I don't see results
  • judyamk
    judyamk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue, until I measured myself I was losing the inches that is all I cared about. measuring all of you waist,stomach, hips, neck arms & thighs. You may be surprised. I at one time worked out 6 days a week, a personal trainer told me I am going to burn out & I had to give my body a rest in order for it to work. I changed that to every other day. then I began to notice a change. try that &s see what happens.
    Judy