Deciding to LOVE yourself enough.

Options
I have been on my journey for about a year now, and I can tell you it has been full of road blocks and uphill battles.

Lately, my scale has not been moving, but I thought i had been noticing some differences in my body, because I am committed to completing this journey to prove to myself I can do it. So I went in search of an old picture of me, and took a new one to give an update to my weight loss buddy. This morning I put the pictures together, and I was floored. I have a really big problem with visualizing my new body.. I am always buying clothes that are still too big, or the wrong type of clothes for my shape etc.. I don't "see" myself the same way other people do.

There is about 75lbs difference here, and my goal is to lose 112. So this is very much an in progress picture!

The difference? I *LOVE* myself. No, i'm not conceded.. what I mean is that I have finally decided I am WORTH this effort. If there is one thing I could tell people when they first start, is to do that first. Decide to love yourself.

I think I can attribute the difference in my body without a difference on the scale to jogging. I used to fake my period to get out of gym class, and now I am working towards improving my 5k time. (Currently 39:42!!)

LOVE YOURSELF people!

2z57h4x.jpg

Replies

• jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow that's absolutely amazing. Thanks so much for sharing! I think that's one thing many of us need to work on is being able to love ourselves :smile:
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Yep.

Weight loss motivated out of self-hate is, in my opinion, more likely to fail and less likely to result in sustainable changes.

Excellent work, keep it up.
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you look so great!
    And yes - if we don't love ourselves, how can we expect anyone else to!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!

Funny...we're both named Candice and have lost almost the exact same amount of weight! :flowerforyou:
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on seeing your hard work pay off. And I completely agree about loving yourself enough :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    The difference? I *LOVE* myself. No, i'm not conceded.. what I mean is that I have finally decided I am WORTH this effort. If there is one thing I could tell people when they first start, is to do that first. Decide to love yourself.

This is the truth and EXACTLY what happened to me on July 22nd 2013. Havent missed a day of logging since.
  • sibitalic
    sibitalic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job! I agree it's all about LOVING yourself. For a long time I thought that it was selfish loving yourself. It took me a long time to realize that it actually all starts with self. :) Congrats!!!
  • Jollyin14
    Jollyin14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Yoles79
    Yoles79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job. More people should say they love themselves like you do. Keep up the great work
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You must love yourself enough to want to see yourself healthy!!
    You are AWESOME!
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i totally agree, candice! and you look absolutely fantastic!! maybe you can treat yourself to some professional fashion advice at some time? someone who can help you find the right clothes for beautiful you! i am new on this journey and was discouraged when, at first wiegh-in i had only lost .6 lbs. i felt defeated for a couple of days then i thought...you know what? i've done the best i can with this plan and i can't force my body to do a thing...next thing you know i dropped 8 lbs. (saying this to encourage others).
    thanks for sharing candice..you are an inspiration..
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look fantastic.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job!!
    I believe in your statement so much so that "love yourself first" is tattooed on my ribs.
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look great!!! Now take time to go in a store and try on clothes and really look at yourself. You don't have to buy anything, just learn what you like and what looks good. You have a whole new body and it take time to see yourself for real!
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring post. Thanks very much!!!!
  • kittyhorn
    kittyhorn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great work and a great message!
  • jillcdot
    jillcdot Posts: 1
    Options
    That is awesome and good for you for not giving up. I'm just getting started on this site...looking forward to success!
  • su11378
    su11378 Posts: 17
    Options
    This is great advice!! Thank you, great job!!!
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you, on so many levels :) Great advice and I look forward to seeing your progress! Great job thus far!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!