Looking for supportive friends: 100+ Goal

Options
Hello!

I am fairly new to MFP and am looking for some supportive friends. I'm 230 lbs (my heaviest) and looking to lose about 100 lbs within the next 2 years... so it's safe to say I'll be here for a while.

I'd love some friends that are looking at a similar goal, but anyone is welcome to send me a request.

EDIT:
Just thought I'd add in a little bit about myself.

I am a fairly short (5'4") 25-year old girl, I've been overweight most of my life (usually 30-50 lbs) but the past few years have really taken it to a new level. I normally hover around 180 lbs but found myself at 225-230 lately. I don't like how it makes me feel and that's why I'm looking to change my lifestyle.

What you may find surprising about me is that I'm blind. It's depressing and I find myself feeling limited in many ways, but there's really nothing else wrong with my body so there's no excuse not to exercise daily. I also find myself eating out of sheer boredom & emotions so I need to get a hold of that issue as well.

I'm hoping that like-minded friends will help me stay on track so that's why I'm here on MFP.

Replies

• Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 150 lbs. Friend request sent. :smile:
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    <~~~~needs to lose 85-100 lbs...
  • happy_angi09
    happy_angi09 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Angela. My starting weight was 230 also, currently 219. My Goal weight is 130! Feel free to add me :)
  • CreekFisher
    CreekFisher Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't have as much weight to lose as you, but am 71, thus my challenges are a slower metabolism plus decreasing flexibility and strength. I can be an encourager in a grandmotherly way and a fellow reluctant athlete.