Jillian Michaels

Options
I have heard good and bad things about her workouts but i am looking to try her 30 Day Shred workout. Have any of you guys done it or tried it? And if so how are your results. Thanks ^_^

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I love her DVDs! I'm doing shred At the moment it's great! My box set has 4 different work out DVDs in its better value than buying them separately
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I love her DVDs! I'm doing shred At the moment it's great! My box set has 4 different work out DVDs in its better value than buying them separately

Great =) i'm gonna start 30 day shred tomorrow =)
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Add me :) ill help keep you motivated
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I loved the workout, didn't care for Jillian.
    After day 3, I muted the TV and put my own music on and just followed along.
  • katy_jane_2013
    Options
    Im starting the 30 day shred on Monday i have seen a lot of awesome results from that so hoping it will work well for me :)

feel free to add
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    30DS is pretty fun and challenging enough if you're not used to workouts like these. You can definitely feel yourself getting better and stronger if you keep up with them, even every other day or three days a week.

I like Jillian, she's just the right amount of motivating and doesn't sound fake at all like some video workout instructors can.
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Too funny! I feel the same way! I am 3 days into level 2 and muted her today. Although sometimes its fun to yell back at her or tell her to STFU!
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Too funny! I feel the same way! I am 3 days into level 2 and muted her today. Although sometimes its fun to yell back at her or tell her to STFU!

I think it's probably the same with ANY fitness dvd that you watch daily for several days. By day 3, I've already heard your jokes and I don't think they're cute anymore
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

ditto...I lost 9 inches in 30 days...it started me on getting strong.
  • BayleyBear512
    BayleyBear512 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like Jillians workouts, they are really tough but definitely bring results. Today is day 15 for me on the 30 Day Shred. I've noticed my waist is smaller, and my legs, arms, and stomach are losing weight and getting toned. I'm so excited! I'm also doing the 30 Day Squat Challenge to help out my backside....tired of having a pancake butt lol. And I've been noticing results there too. I definitely recommend her workouts!!!
  • Kakibot
    Kakibot Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lot of my work colleagues seem to be doing it and from what I saw it doesn't look bad (also seeing my colleagues - it seems to work pretty well ,) ) ! I am considering starting with it once I get home from my travels, too!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My Mum does them and loves them. Personally, Jillian makes me want to throw something at my tv, and the repetition is boring. I prefer fitnessblender.com, better variation and lovely instructors.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Jillian talks to much but I do like her workout videos!
  • WonderWoman_5
    WonderWoman_5 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Awesome workout but she is so dry and her voice aggravated me big time!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I just started my 30 day shred today! First time. The workout went by really quickly to me, and by the end I had a ton of energy. HUGE bonus. I generally am not a fan of Jillian's coaching style on The Biggest Loser, but she didn't seem to be too annoying in level one. I am trying level 2 tomorrow so maybe that's when she gets mean. If you'd like to add me, we can keep each other motivated.

*Just in case you didn't know, you need hand-held weights to do the workout.* (I didn't know and spent a good part of my morning searching for them.)
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have started 30 Day Shred numerous times, but never have I finished. I spent the last 3 months on level 1 for fear I'd quit again if I went on to level 2. I just gradually increased the weight I was using so I definitely got stronger. I beat my own personal record of 7 proper push ups and made it all the way to 16. That was a big day for me :)
    I'm now on day 4 of level 2.
    I yell and call her names too. Not because she bothers me (I kinda like her actually), but because I find level 2 very difficult. I'm totally seeing results.
    I love that the workouts are relatively short and that I see results quickly. I urge you to try it. I used to hate exercise, but this whole getting stronger thing is growing on me. I'm excited to go sweat for 20-30 minutes every day now.
    Best of luck!!
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This ^
  • honakerhl
    Options
    I just did my first day of her Ripped in 30 DVD....now to just finish what I started!
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Another fan here, I'm starting level 2 tomorrow I'm very motivated to do it every day. First few days you feel sore but don't give up it goes away, you then feel your legs and belly tighten my legs are so firm now I love it! I only use 1 pound weights but can see results already. Not weight-wise as I've gained muscles but my belly looks different :) And I agree, her voice does get a tad bit annoying so I too listen to music, it gets you going! Good luck, feel free to add me too :) Check out her circuit workouts and Denise Austin's kickboxing video it's my absolute favourite
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Jillian has good workouts , I love her and hate her guts lol
    when I kick I picture her mouth at the end of my foot ( gives me extra motivation )
    but ... doing her BODY REVOLUTION got me in very good shape in no time

I hope this help :-)