Has anyone freaked out at first? Jumped on scale and

Options
Please tell me I am not alone, I seriously freaked out ....I have not been on a scale for years! I knew I needed to loose some weight but wow just wow. I felt like running away and or eating the worst thing I could find. I am 5'2 but I am very curvy/voluptuous top/bottom and I wear my weight well. BUT Quite obvious over the last couple of years that I needed to loose some weight but I am shocked at how much I really do need to shed. I know I will be OK ( I hope) after the initial shock - Has anyone started out like this?! And how hard was this life change for you? I KNOW it is worth it !

Replies

• pmpmaloney
    pmpmaloney Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Its so hard getting on the scales the first time, but its done now. Every other time is going to be easier, because it will be routine, and your weight will be going down. Try it and see!

Youre in the right place for support now, so show us what you can do.

Patrick.
  • LJFitzSimmons
    Options
    The numbers on the scale don't have much of a shock value for me, as I've never weighed myself regularly (until recently).

My moment of shock was when bright red marks started to appear on my stomach, and I took my waist measurement... which has always hovered between 34 - 35 inches... and discovered I was up to 39!

Thankfully that number's already down a little, and my stretch marks are considerably less red and not getting any bigger...
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    296, freaked me out i was that close to 300
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Honestly when I started this the scale didnt go that high. So I had to wait until I bought a new one. When I did get on and seen 330pds I knew right then this had to change and change it did! It has been by the far the best thing I ever did for myself!
  • foreveran27
    foreveran27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I knew over the last couple years I was gaining weight so I made sure not to go on the scale but I didn't want the numbers to prove what I knew what was happening. I started university this year and I was eating nonstop whenever and whatever. I was always so full and abusing my body and then feeling bad about it and it would repeat I would eat more to comfort but then I'd feel guilty. So in January I stepped on scale I was 197lb and that fricken scared me! I was practically 200lb, I knew I was gaining weight but to see the actually numbers was shocking but I guess it was something I needed to see that enough was enough i had to treat myself and my body right and things needed to change. So I'm a month and a half in I feel much better some days are really hard but I try to stay motivated and keep pushing! :)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Nobody wants the bad news but once you decide that you are going to take action it starts to look up. After the needle starts to move the other way it changes to "I can do this" Thanks to all my fitness toys ( FitBit Force, Aria Scale, Runtastic Apps, MFP and tomorrow a heart rate monitor. I am within a few pounds of switching to maintain mode and have had people call me skinny. The people here rock too!
  • justbob54
    Options
    My "oh crap" moment was when my latest coworker died, and boy was he overweight. I do treadmill every day and watch calories with MFP. I am taking off average of 3 lbs a week. I think the treadmill is key, 50 minutes every day like my life depended on it (oh crap, it does !).