A whole new direction! Starts here!

Options
Well...I really don't know where to begin. I'm not good at this kind of thing....writing about myself and all. My name is Sarah and I am 24 years old. I over-eat...I love food...all of it. I have been fat for as long as I can remember and I've always wondered how beautiful I would look and feel if I were skinny (or maybe just 100 lbs lighter). This is my first serious attempt as an adult to lose a significant amount of weight.
I love sweets and unhealthy foods (who doesn't?!). Fruity Life Savers Gummies will be the death of me. I've thrown all that stuff out.
I am using MFP to help me lose a BUNCH of weight along with the weight loss medication my doctor prescribed me.
I've started a diet that consists of portion control and only 1500 calories per day.
My starting weight is 308.4 lbs and I am 5'8". I do not have any health conditions that caused me to gain weight. And my doctor told me that I am perfectly healthy other than being "morbidly obese". Really?!?!? I think that term would motivated ANY person to get fit! No one wants that label. And I definitely don't want the problems associated with it later in life! ....I am extremely embarrassed and ashamed of myself to the point that I don't even like showing myself in public anymore. I have horrible self image/self-esteem issues.
The meds have helped me start shedding my water weight ALREADY and it's only been one day. I started the pills yesterday. 304 lbs as of this morning.
I joined MFP to maybe find extra motivation. Maybe some of you have some eating/exercise advice for a big girl such as myself.
If you are looking for friends on here, go ahead and add me! I'm the new kid and could use some friends that are in the same boat as me.

:-)

Replies