weight loss tips needed ! :(

Options
Hi everyone, I basically I started my weight loss journey mid January this year (starting weight 130 KG) and have been using myfitnesspal to keep track on my calorie intake and low fat meals. I've lost 8 KG so far but I feel like it's going way too slow :(
I consume about an average of 1500 - 1650 calories per day and go to the gym 3-4 times a week (30-45 min elliptical trainer and 30 min weight/strength training).
I have one 'bad' meal per week (this is just to keep me sane lol) other than that I try to have healthy meals.
My 'normal' food dairy would look like:

Breakfast - herbalife meal shake, banana
Snack - protein bar
Lunch - either herbalife meal shake and berries or a subway 6inch chicken tikka flatbread sub (depends if I'm at home or at Uni)
snack - portion of citrus fruit, cup of tea/coffee with 2 sugars and creamer
Dinner - african tomato chicken stew or chicken curry masala (cooked with 1 spoon of olive or sunflower oil and sea salt) with 1 cup of long grain rice, and a portion of cauliflower or broccoli
Snack - I normally dont snack after dinner but sometimes I fancy a snickers bar (250 cal.) , i will have this 2-3x a week

I don't drink any juices or high calorie drinks, I only have a diet cola with my sub which is once or twice a week. I only drink normal still and flavoured water.

I'm 20 and 5'10 obviously my BMI is terrible at the moment but it seems like my metabolism is very low. I'm aiming to lose at least 30 KG but how its going at this rate is very demotivating for me. I would like to lose about 2 KG per week. I'm very frustrated at this point since I don't binge eat at all or eat fatty foods often. And I definitely feel like I'm putting in allot of effort but for some reason I just dont see the results. Does anyone have any tips for me ?

Thanks

Replies

• sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Be proud of your success so far. Getting healthy is a long slow process if you do it the right way. The best tip I can give you is to read this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

If you follow these rules and these tips I can pretty much guarantee your journey will be a heck of a lot smoother.

Good Luck to you
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey mid January this year (starting weight 130 KG) and have been using myfitnesspal to keep track on my calorie intake and low fat meals. I've lost 8 KG so far.… I'm aiming to lose at least 30 KG but how its going at this rate is very demotivating for me. I would like to lose about 2 KG per week. I'm very frustrated.
    Your expectations are unhealthy & unrealistic. With 66 lb. to lose, a healthy loss is .5–1.5 lb. per week—no more than .68kg per week.

You're doing great! Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • florenciagysbertha
    florenciagysbertha Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Be proud of your success so far. Getting healthy is a long slow process if you do it the right way. The best tip I can give you is to read this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

If you follow these rules and these tips I can pretty much guarantee your journey will be a heck of a lot smoother.

Good Luck to you

Thanks I will give it a read :)
  • florenciagysbertha
    florenciagysbertha Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey mid January this year (starting weight 130 KG) and have been using myfitnesspal to keep track on my calorie intake and low fat meals. I've lost 8 KG so far.… I'm aiming to lose at least 30 KG but how its going at this rate is very demotivating for me. I would like to lose about 2 KG per week. I'm very frustrated.
    Your expectations are unhealthy & unrealistic. With 66 lb. to lose, a healthy loss is .5–1.5 lb. per week—no more than .68kg per week.

You're doing great! Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Thanks, I will try to be a bit more patient and not so hard on myself =/ haha