name something you accomplished in 2010

Options
As everyone is worried about the dreaded holiday season, and the beginning of a new year, I want people to look back and see what they have achieved this year. Name something you are proud that you have started or accomplished. It can be something small or big. Mine, I have not had more than 5 sodas this year.

Replies

• Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I finally ditched my boring mates and learnt how to snowboard which was something I had always wanted to do but to nervous to go alone. In the end I went alone, had a blast and gained a new hobby.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Lost 40 pounds and learned to make bread.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I did my first 5k and I definitely plan on doing more!!!
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    Lost 12 pounds (so far) and increased my self confidence exponentially.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I dropped 10% body fat and lost 20 lbs. I also got certified to teach Turbo Kick. Now my life changes are paying off-literally :)
  • KatieCutes
    KatieCutes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought a house, got 2 dogs, and quit drinking pop. My last soda was in march. I had a very bad anxiety attack in which I ended up in the ER (thought I was having a heart attack) After that I realized how lucky I was to have just be a anxiety attack and I quit drinking pop and eating crap. Now, I have my bad days with food but I have not to this day blown it with pop! I also have had an attitude change. I used to work my butt off to lose weight and I'd weigh myself and not have lost so I'd quit my diet. Now, even if I don't lose weight as fast as I want to, I know that I'm doing the best I can and IT WILL come off and to be patient. The time is going to pass anyways. Summer will be here before we know it, whether we stay fat or get thin, summer is going to be here, so why not pass the time losing weight!! :):smile:
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I cooked my own meals without eating out once for an entire month straight after not preparing one meal for myself in the past 2 years... now I do both in moderation.

Oh and I lost 37 lbs!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I walked my first 10k. I joined MFP and have lost 11 lbs so far.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    In 2010 I was awakened by the way I really looked in a full length mirror. I lost 26 pounds, something I never thought I would be able to do. That is a huge start for my continued accomplishment in 2011!
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Lost 50lbs, learned to love exercise, learned the drinking water more than once a month is really helpful! LOL
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I hit my initial goal weight, then lost an additional 10 pounds and have been maintaining for 4 months :smile:
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    2010 was a great year for me. I lost 55 lbs, learned to road bike, competed in 2 triathlons and became the "skinny friend". I also sold my current house and am building my new dream house.. to be completed in 2011~
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I cycled 350 miles in a week carrying 50 lbs of gear on my bike. It was a ton of fun! I also got serious about losing the 20 extra pounds. Unfortunately, I've have to get serious twice now. I lost them in the spring but put almost all of them back on and am now on my 1/4 of the way to losing it again.
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    I got past my fear and searched/found my birth family (I am adopted). I have been able to start up an amazing relationship with my Birth Mother and half sister.

I have gotten below 150 pounds for the first time in four years.
  • mamxo22
    Options
    i finally stopped caring what other people think, and start telling those people how i truly feel instead of talking behind their backs.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I travelled to Hawaii and had the most amazing experience seeing the lava flows.

And I banished 33 pounds and feel soooo much better!
    :bigsmile:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Being able to change my eating habits and enjoy it everyday!!
  • rekcorydob
    Options
    I finally admitted to myself that I wasn't happy with my career in commercial real estate, and really did not want to be doing it in the future. I've been in the industry for 5 years, and was 2 years into a property economics degree - was was beginning to dread every moment. I've shifted my focus to an area I am far more interested in an passionate about - I've been accepted into a medical science degree!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Lost 1/4 of me and learned i can win this battle :-)