I dont know what to do, any advice?

Options
Im 5'7 and 146lbs and 23 years old.

I lived an extremely sedentary life style from 2010-2012 due to a car accident, I was extremely depressed. At my highest I weighed 189 lbs and wasted my days playing video games and just sitting around moping and recovering. I cant tell you exactly when I started my weight loss goal, but it was sometime early 2012 and at my lowest I weighed 137lbs November 2012.

Today I am 146 lbs and 22% bmi. My lower body and stomach disgusts me and when I sit it looks disgusting with fat hanging off. Here are pictures below to help you understand.

http://s30.postimg.org/ozuierwq9/front.jpg (front)
http://s13.postimg.org/gmtvz1tk7/side.jpg (side)
http://s22.postimg.org/ii8mv3ult/fat.jpg (sitting warning not child friendly)

I am seriously mostly all fat. I have really strong legs/calves but again there is just this ugly layer of fat covering them. And my butt is absolutely disgustingly jiggly and saggy. My stomach is my other bad spot as you can obviously tell. Ughh im just so sick of it I want to rip the fat off me.

Im at the point where I dont know what to do. How do I get this fat off my body?

Here is what my exercise looks like
- 3x a week 30min non stop run
- 5x a week 1hr moderate exercise bike ride
- 2x a week dumbbell lifting

Here is what my diet looks like
- wake up, protein drink/banana
- 1 major meal a day
- 1 small snack during lunch
- all of that adds up to around 1200 calories a day on average

Again I just dont know what to do is it my diet, is it not doing enough exercise or the proper exercise? Please help I want to get my body to look normal so bad!

Replies

• lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Eat closer to maintenance and lift heavy. Weight sounds fine. Lift weights if you want to firm up.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    You are a 5'7" man at 146 pounds and you think you are disgustingly fat? Are you getting appropriate treatment for your depression? Your self-image seems off to me. I would speak to my doctor or therapist if I were you.
  • zderain
    zderain Posts: 36
    Options
    it doesn't look like you need to lose weight. Im not sure what would help with the belly, but you look like a thin person.
  • dudeisconfused
    Options
    You are a 5'7" man at 146 pounds and you think you are disgustingly fat? Are you getting appropriate treatment for your depression? Your self-image seems off to me. I would speak to my doctor or therapist if I were you.

Maybe my self image is off I always have been overweight my entire life. However if you look at my pictures I posted you can see there's alot of fat on this 146 lb body and that is confusing me. I dont know how to get the fat off, and thats what I need help with.
  • dudeisconfused
    Options
    Can anyone answer. What can I do to take the next step? To lose that belly? To lose all the ugly fat off my thighs/butt? What exercises can I do? What should my calorie goals be? Like im seriously confused on all of that I dont know where to begin.
  • dudeisconfused
    Options
    No one?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I don't see any photos and I'm not convinced that you are disgustingly fat. Weight training seems like a good idea.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Can anyone answer. What can I do to take the next step? To lose that belly? To lose all the ugly fat off my thighs/butt? What exercises can I do? What should my calorie goals be? Like im seriously confused on all of that I dont know where to begin.

eat in a 500 pe day calorie deficit.
    pick up a copy of starting strength and/or new rules of lifting. Build a program around lifting heavy using compound movements.
    work out in 8-10 rep range and four sets each
    set your macros to 40% protein/ 30% carbs/ 30% fats.
    sample set up program would be something like …
    monday - weight lifting
    tuesday - cardio
    wens - weight lifting
    thurs - cardio /abs
    friday - weight lifting
    sat/sunday - off/active rest, cardio, etc < but make sure you have one 100% rest day.
    do not restrict any foods..follow the 80/20 rule ..80% healthy and 20% whatever you want = ice cream, cake, cookies, pizza, etc…
    stop eating 1200 a day ….you are going to need at least 1500 maybe 1600 …I am 5-10 175 and i eat 2200 a day now, and that is a cut for me...
  • Sandil964
    Options
    I have always been told that cardio and lifting weights consistently is the best way to get rid of fat. I think other ppl have stated similar progress loosing fat by staying consistent in any regime of excercise and a balanced diet seems to fit the bill.

Just stay on it. You will get more fit as you keep to a regular routine and change of lifestyle. keeping to small goals that builds confidence in yourself as well as a better BMI should make you feel better both mentally and phsycially. Consistency is the key.

Perhaps, you need a more social outlet to offset your depressive moods. Everyone needs to get out of their box (i.e. house or apt) on a regular basis. We all need to feel a connection to others. you should find that outlet in addition to your need to get fit physically.

Just a suggestion. hope you stay on your goals.
  • jmhetz
    jmhetz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    From what I've read 1,200 calories is the recommended minimum for women and for men it is 1,500 calories, both of which I personally think aren't enough. Not eating enough can cause your body to hold onto fat. I would suggest trying eating between 1,500 - 1,600 calories per day and throw in a lot more strength exercises. Split different muscle groups to target into different days and remember to take rest days as well!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Don't the SUMO wrestlers only eat one meal and day so they store fat? That's what you are doing.
    Eat at least 1500 cal a day and sppread it out better during the day.
    Splurge on a personal trainer ofr a time or two if you can.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

eat in a 500 pe day calorie deficit.
    pick up a copy of starting strength and/or new rules of lifting. Build a program around lifting heavy using compound movements.
    work out in 8-10 rep range and four sets each
    set your macros to 40% protein/ 30% carbs/ 30% fats.
    sample set up program would be something like …
    monday - weight lifting
    tuesday - cardio
    wens - weight lifting
    thurs - cardio /abs
    friday - weight lifting
    sat/sunday - off/active rest, cardio, etc < but make sure you have one 100% rest day.
    do not restrict any foods..follow the 80/20 rule ..80% healthy and 20% whatever you want = ice cream, cake, cookies, pizza, etc…
    stop eating 1200 a day ….you are going to need at least 1500 maybe 1600 …I am 5-10 175 and i eat 2200 a day now, and that is a cut for me...

This is really good advice.

For perspective, I'm a FEMALE, 5'8, 163-168lbs, 25% body fat, sedentary for work, follow a lifting program and most of my cardio comes from hiking and snowboarding on the weekends if I have time, and I lose 1 lb per week at around 1800-1900 cals per day.

ETA: I'm also a girl... so some of my previous post was not very applicable.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Don't the SUMO wrestlers only eat one meal and day so they store fat? That's what you are doing.

Wut?
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

This is pure stupidity.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious on the "not child friendly photo" if that much shirt was really necessary. This goes to the point of the question b/c if so, the entire question becomes moot. Just sayin'.
  • dudeisconfused
    Options
    There is some good advice here thanks everyone!