Do you have a certain body type you would like to obtain?

Options
2»

Replies

• Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I have been overweight for so long, I can't even envision a body type I want. So, I'm just aiming for toned, healthy, and strong. I've never had the type of body you linked and I'm quite positive that if I were that thin, I'd look sickly. Not everyone does, though.
  • abrazame
    abrazame Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Interesting music video.

Thanks for sharing!

:flowerforyou:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
    It's not a music video. It's just a couple of girls doing a dance cover of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq7ftOZBy0E

:D:tongue:
  • bdruggles
    bdruggles Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Um... it might be obtainable, but I think you might be better off focusing on you, and what you want for you, then on how others look.

I have clothes and pictures of how I was before the second kid, and I was thin/fit, and it's a tough goal to reach, but it's all me. I think looking outside for a goal, and an image for who you want to be, is probably a set up for disappointment.
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would like to obtain a body and face like Jennifer Aniston.

I'm a guy, so by "obtaining", I'm assuming that I get a girlfriend with that body type, right? I would probably look kind of strange if my body type was the same as Jennifer's.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Yes, my body type now, except 15 lbs lighter, and about 13% less body fat.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm short, so unfortunately I can't have those long legs I find really nice. I just want a lower bf% and to still have curves.
  • KatJ_NZ
    KatJ_NZ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think I'm genetically stuck with my body type - I'm just aiming for a bit less fat and a bit more muscle :-) Good health, basically!
  • robinerikson
    Options
    Yes, there is! Angelina Jolie's body. She's not that thin but she's sexy. :)
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I just want to be more toned and lose some of my hip fat. I don't hate my body, i just want to look healthier.
  • mongolianfire
    Options
    Rambo 2 would be nice. :)
  • ericarenee2005
    Options
    I know it's not the most sexy to everyone but I dig the athletic look. Not super muscular or anything, just nicely toned and lean. I'm hoping to get there again, but I've got a ways to go :O
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    It's almost impossible to change your overall body type. Of course, you can make yourself a smaller or larger version of whatever shape you already are -- but you are basically limited to work within that shape. There are some exceptions to this, but for most people it's true.
    I'm an apple shape. I carry almost all of my weight on my belly, Does that mean I will never have a flat stomach if I am not under weight?
    I keep hearing things like this and it is very discouraging.

If you are an "apple shape" then you will always be an "apple shape" (although I'm not a fan of labelling people as if they are fruit LOL) no matter what you eat or how much you exercise. The way your body distributes weight is not something you have a lot of control over, sorry. You can, however, make your stomach a smaller version of what it currently looks like but you won't find it easy to make it "flat" if that's not its natural shape. However, that shouldn't be discouraging. It merely indicates you have unrealistic goals. Your goals should be tailored to your own body and then they will be achievable for you. You might find it helpful to look up celebrities or sports people who share your body shape, and that can give you a more accurate idea of what is possible. Although, again you will need to be realistic. Unless you have a team of dedicated trainers and dieticians you are unlikely to ever look like a celebrity. And unless you're exercising ~6 hours per day you are unlikely to ever look like a professional athlete. Good luck!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Not really any specific person. I like my body now ..for the most part. I just want smaller thighs...that is the last place for me to lose fat. I lost almost all my weight in my upper body.
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with mine.
    THANK YOU!!!
  • abrazame
    abrazame Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It is discouraging because... I don't want to exercise 7 days a week and restrict my diet only to look like a ''smaller'' apple. I don't want to be perfect, but I want to be able to wear a bikini when I go swimming. I want to be able to not have to wear shirts that are extremely long so I don't risk flashing someone my belly when I raise my arms.... Or make sure my jeans raise high on my waist to give the illusion of a flat belly....
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    It is discouraging because... I don't want to exercise 7 days a week and restrict my diet only to look like a ''smaller'' apple. I don't want to be perfect, but I want to be able to wear a bikini when I go swimming. I want to be able to not have to wear shirts that are extremely long so I don't risk flashing someone my belly when I raise my arms.... Or make sure my jeans raise high on my waist to give the illusion of a flat belly....

Alternatively you could learn to be proud of what you look like and teach yourself to have the confidence to wear a bikini. The problems you list are internal barriers and aren't to do with your external shape.