Hip hop abs

Options
Hip hop abs is on offer at the moment on Amazon and I'm tempted! Anyone got it or done it? What do you think of it?

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Bump - anyone?
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    No, I got it and I really don't like it. The 5 minute ab section is the best out of all of it. The section with the weights Shaun T is moving too fast with the weights and it feels jerky to me. Save your money and get a Jackie Warner DVD. She is the best!
    If you do get Hip Hop Abs, it will be entertainment at least.
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've never done hip hop abs but I do like Shaun T. He's motivational.
  • schnarfo
    Options
    Hmm ok so if hip hop abs is rubbish what is a good dance cardio work out I can do at home? I really miss my gym classes but can't afford to rejoin
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs is amazing. I've done it for 5 weeks. Lost 5kg and loads of cm's all over. It is such fun!! If you have been exercising for a while though and you are quite fit, it will not challenge you that much.
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just started it and I LOVE IT!

Will post results in a month!
  • schnarfo
    Options
    I watched a bit on youtube. Some of it looks great and other bits im not sure it is for me? does it have a lot of dancing in it or is it mainly just ab stuff? lol bit confused to what it actually is?
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have been debating it. I am curious for all the reviews as well.
  • kristirlk
    kristirlk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today was my 5th day. I enjoy it. Not to terribly hard. Way easier then T25! I weighed in at 186 on Monday and this morning was at 183, but I'm not logging again until Monday. I'm watching what I eat too though.
  • kristirlk
    kristirlk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It is repetitive though, FYI. 3 days of one cd and two days of another. The second week has more to do, but I haven't got there yet.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it, although it is definitely not that tough or intense of a workout. Nowhere near Insanity that's for sure. I think it's a fun change of pace but not too much variety. I did it in combination with other exercises. I'm a dancer, and no it's definitely not actual choreo... more like he uses some pop music and the movements are more "dancish" but honestly anybody could do them.

I did *ahem* download it though, so I avoided paying :P
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    it's usually all I use and I got some good results!
  • 092194emma
    Options
    I just started this im on my 3rd day now, I feel it everywhers in my body but my abs, I am tightening though, have any tips for me?
    Like i feel it in my upper back, legs an arms, but not my abs..
    I love doing it ! So glad I got it.