Hypoglycemics on here?

Options
Any hypoglycemics? (low blood sugar medical condition for those who don't know)
I feel like I could eat so much less if I didn't have my blood sugar drop to dangerous levels.
I have passed out before and it sucks.
Are any of you able to eat very low calorie and it all works out?

Replies

• amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Here I am. But no I'm not on very low calorie
    I have lost 21 Kg by aiming for 250-500 cal deficit.
    Slow and steady
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yes I am hypoglycemic. Not sure what low calorie would be. I generally shoot for a 1,000 calorie deficit but it really depends on the day. It can be anywhere from 250 to 1400 deficit. My blood sugar drops right around 4:00 and so as long as I eat something then, I'm usually fine. Peanut butter/Almond butter or a handful of nuts and an apple usually does the trick. If I don't eat I get really shaky and irritable but have only felt like I was going to pass out a couple of times. It use to be a whole lot worse in High School.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am slightly but docs could never figure out why. I do find I fell better eating a LOT but upping my workouts than I do just eating around 1500 and trying to hang in there. Spending a lot of time in the gym tho!
  • Arekha
    Arekha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mee too. If I cut calories, I get very dizzy and have passed out on occasions. Doc suggested not eating less, but increasing exercise and protein and fiber in diet, finding it hard to do.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to have greater than 500 deficit per day. And I ALWAYS have at least a granola bar or apple or something available in case I start seeing stars while exercising. FOR ME, eating small-ish snacks/meals throughout the day and one bigger meal per day works best. This didn't happen until I got down under 170 lbs or so. And the lower I am, the worse it gets.