Female 5k-ers

Options
Hi :) what are everyone's outdoor 5k PB's? I've been running for years but am someone who is not particularly competitive and generally going out for a run to me means mooching around with my favourite tunes taking in the scenery! But recently I've become more interested In my times and distance. I'm yet to time myself going all out on 5k, but I am interested to know other peoples' PBs :) love!

Replies

• aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Well I hate doing speedwork and am much more of a distance runner. My personal best 5K is 29:12 with my average time about 31:00-32:00. Give me a 4 hour run any day over a fast 5k!
  • TinyBriony14
    Options
    Interesting, thanks for that :) yes I think I'm the same - I don't like pressure!!! Either that or I haven't learned to pace myself properly at speed...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I started doing Park Runs last year - these are local timed 5ks done at a large number of locations every Saturday morning.

When I started, my times were about 33-34 mins, and it took me ages to get under the 30 barrier. My current PB is 26:34, and I'm well on my way to earning my 50 ParkRuns T shirt this year.
  • zeppyloo
    zeppyloo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have just signed up to my first 5k; a charity event with ladies from work. I've never been a runner and am very unfit! I did 5.2k walk/running yesterday for the first time to set a benchmark and it took me 40 minutes. I'm hoping that I can get to around 30 minutes with training, particularly as I did have to walk a lot on my attempt yesterday!
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I was first able to run 5k at the end of June 2012. I could do it in 40 minutes. In August 2012 because of half marathon training i got my time down to 29:52. January 2014 i ran a 5k in 26:04. I still haven't figured out how to go all out for a 5k. My two years of running much longer distances (my long runs are currently 16 miles and climbing) have just made it so that 26:04 feels the same as 40 used to.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    My personal best is 35 minutes. I am much more of a long distance runner though so I could care less about my 5k time. I just wanna be able to run 13.1 miles! Trying it today!!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My personal best was 28:50 something, but that was years ago. I am in the middle of the C25K program right now to get back at it. LOVE running! I didn't realize how much I'd missed it until I started again. :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    My PB is 33:00 is for a 5K trail race (up a mountain and down). I have never done a race on flat ground. My goal is to do this race sub 30 minutes this year.
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I also do the Parkrun 5km outside and I got a PB today - 26:06. I don't particularly enjoy running, I just enjoy the satisfaction afterwards, ha ha! Running never gets easier for me, it's always hard. I can not imagine running longer distances! Once when I was really fit I ran 10km and 12km, but that was a while ago and a once off for each distance. I wish running would get easier so I could try and go for a bit longer!
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My personal best is 33:30, which was actually my first 5K last year. I'm running my third 5K today and I'm hoping to be around that time, even with the cool and rainy conditions. I've been training for a half-marathon that I'll be running next weekend, so I hope all that running will help me today! :-)
  • TinyBriony14
    Options
    Thanks guys - that's really helpful!! Some of you are around 26 mins - that's amazing :D I'm going to time myself for the first time today, I have a feeling I'll be around the 30 mins mark, we shall see! Once I have an idea of my time at each K I'll be able to start figuring out how to pace myself best. Fingers crossed!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Personal best is 29.46 - JUST managed to break the 30 min barier!! Generally I am around 31 - 32 though. I find it hard to run faster for any length of time.
  • TinyBriony14
    Options
    25 mins or 45 mins it doesn't matter billieljaime - it's still 5k!!
  • TinyBriony14
    Options
    My personal best is 35 minutes. I am much more of a long distance runner though so I could care less about my 5k time. I just wanna be able to run 13.1 miles! Trying it today!!

Ooh good luck!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Where in the UK are you? There's bound to be a Park Run nearby.

I use MapMyRun on my phone - it gives voice feedback on your pace.
  • TinyBriony14
    Options
    Where in the UK are you? There's bound to be a Park Run nearby.

I use MapMyRun on my phone - it gives voice feedback on your pace.

I'm in the south east (technically classified as Kent but in fact closer to London really)! They sound really cool, though I've not heard of one near me before.
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    TinyBriony, whereabouts exactly? I had a look on the Parkrun website - seems to be heaps in the South East, although I'm not sure if any are near you. Check out the website: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/events/events/
  • TinyBriony14
    Options
    TinyBriony, whereabouts exactly? I had a look on the Parkrun website - seems to be heaps in the South East, although I'm not sure if any are near you. Check out the website: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/events/events/

Ooh - will have a look at that to see if there are - I'm in Bromley :)