Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My wife finally talked me into it...

Hi, my name is D, and I have an addiction to delicious but not always very healthy foods....particularly sweets. I've always had this addiction but "the belly" is taking on a life of its own. I don't believe in diets, but I try to support my wife - Jenmeltsaway - as best as I can, but I will admit my cravings have at times sabotaged her efforts. So here we are now, and I think this time will be different - why? Because we are both on the same page at the same time and I like this approach much more than "diets" which I've always felt - do not work!! This time it's a lifestyle change and with MFP, there's the added edge of accountability. I've seen my wife getting discouraged by something she ate to satisfy a craving, and after she blogs about it, Bam!!! 180 degree attitude change! It's like having reinforcements, I love it and I thank everyone who has offered her kind word of encouragement since the onset of this adventure. Now it's my turn - and you've got your work cut out for you MFP, cause I've never met a cupcake I didn't like, plus I'm usually zombified after work.

Looking forward to making new acquaintances and offering encouragement to others along the way!!

Replies

• JenMeltsAway
    JenMeltsAway Posts: 27 Member
    Woop woop. So happy you are here baby!!! Love that we are doing this together!!!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Good luck guys! I think that is awesome that you are supporting her like that!
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Can I join in your battles? I have ballooned up in my ten years of marriage, so I have made the decision to watch my calories and my intake. Diets have never really worked for me because I always felt like I was starving. With this site and putting everything down and have to be held accountable. Bottom line is I have one young son and another child on the way and I want to be there for them to grow up.
  • I'd love to join you all on your new journey as I am restarting on my path again. I just survived chemo, radiation and surgery for cervical cancer. I not only need to loose weight ( goal is 50 lbs) but also need to build muscle especially in my lower abs and legs. I now suffer from lymphedema, which is a swelling of the limbs ( in my case right leg) due to damage of the lymph node system after cancer treatment. I need help not only keeping my calories down, but also staying motivated to exercise, even if it is only a leg massage and basic physical therapy moves.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    That's so sweet :smile:

It will be so much easier now that you share the same journey :drinker:
  • JenMeltsAway
    JenMeltsAway Posts: 27 Member
    I'd love to join you all on your new journey as I am restarting on my path again. I just survived chemo, radiation and surgery for cervical cancer. I not only need to loose weight ( goal is 50 lbs) but also need to build muscle especially in my lower abs and legs. I now suffer from lymphedema, which is a swelling of the limbs ( in my case right leg) due to damage of the lymph node system after cancer treatment. I need help not only keeping my calories down, but also staying motivated to exercise, even if it is only a leg massage and basic physical therapy moves.
    This is the perfect place to start. Make sure you add lots of positive people, that will keep you motivated! You are a true survivor!!
  • D_minus_40
    D_minus_40 Posts: 6 Member
    @ bomftdrum ...I definitely see where you're coming from. My wife and I recently celebrated our 7th anniversary and I know I've gotten too comfortable. That and our 3 yr old just started riding a bike last month and it made me realize that I'm out of shape when I tried to jog beside her. Diabetes runs 3 generations deep on my father's side and my younger brother was recently diagnosed - and I'm trying to prevent the same. So my motivation is at a high. There are challenge groups on here - you should look into them.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    good luck on your journey.. great job supporting your wife.. my hubby is pretty supportive as well
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    YKWHpNv.gif

You are TOO AWESOME dude! :drinker:
  • D_minus_40
    D_minus_40 Posts: 6 Member
    I'd love to join you all on your new journey as I am restarting on my path again. I just survived chemo, radiation and surgery for cervical cancer. I not only need to loose weight ( goal is 50 lbs) but also need to build muscle especially in my lower abs and legs. I now suffer from lymphedema, which is a swelling of the limbs ( in my case right leg) due to damage of the lymph node system after cancer treatment. I need help not only keeping my calories down, but also staying motivated to exercise, even if it is only a leg massage and basic physical therapy moves.
    This is the perfect place to start. Make sure you add lots of positive people, that will keep you motivated! You are a true survivor!!
    I agree, a having good support system is a big plus, and keeping a positive attitude proved to be very beneficial to my step mom who is battling back from her 2nd bout with cancer - this time with surgery and the full chemo treatment. Hang in there, make a plan, and keep posting and you'll see that support will come.
  • Couples who play, pray and workout together stay together. I just threw that in there, but it's true. ;-) Good luck to you both!
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    I'm all for supporting, commiserating and congratulating. What I won't do is support fad, quack, puedoscientific, quick fix miracle cures. I'm mean that way. I've lost 90lbs, gained some back, lost, gained, and am currently losing again. It's a continuous battle for me, and I keep fighting it. I believe in eating as "healthy" as possible, but that there's no "demon" food. I exercise at least 5 days a week, and I hate most of it, but my body needs it. That's my philosophy in a nutshell.

If you'd like to add me as a friend, just send me a request. I'll be more than happy to accept. That goes for anyone!

Best wishes in getting your health in irder. You'll thank yourself and so will your children!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    :heart: :drinker:

good luck!

MAtPpVV.gif