omgtry

Options
hi all I ve been on this for 9 days now doing pretty good i was 400 lbs but down a little mmm im 64 will be 65 in april hope to of lost at least 20n lbs XXXXXXx in disabled in a wheelchair i have trans myelitus so i need to lose i want to get my life back kinda woke up not to late i was scared cause my family didnt reach 65 my mom n sister has passed i want to live love life n enjoy my home which is all handicapped with a acorn stair lift so i can get up to my room i have caretaker im greatful but i want my life back doing my stuff don't get me wrong im greatful but somthing woke me up i don't know i lost my wife at 43 ,,been widower longer than married we were married 21 years with children but u know how that goes mom gone father left to take care of his self i have grand children my sister use to keep me in formed loved her very much my eyes n ears will she]s gone so i don't know much since she passed but thatthe past an now i march on with my head high n haappy to be here will this is me thanks for reading god love ya omg is my favorite saying........lol

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Sorry no one has responded to this for a week. Very sorry to hear about your losses. How is your weight doing now? I had osteo-myelitis from a staph infection I contracted in hospital. Luckily it does not cause me too much of a problem now. Is yours expected to cause fewer issues if you lose weight? I notice you are in a wheelchair in your picture. Is this something that is due to the trans myelitis if you don;t mind me asking.

Are you trying to log your food or just eat 'healthier"? Portion control is a big part of losing weight as is trying to make food selections that are good to keep you full but are not very calorie dense (and are also tasty).

Are you able to exercise at all?
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Sorry no one has responded to this for a week. Very sorry to hear about your losses. How is your weight doing now? I had osteo-myelitis from a staph infection I contracted in hospital. Luckily it does not cause me too much of a problem now. Is yours expected to cause fewer issues if you lose weight? I notice you are in a wheelchair in your picture. Is this something that is due to the trans myelitis if you don;t mind me asking.

Are you trying to log your food or just eat 'healthier"? Portion control is a big part of losing weight as is trying to make food selections that are good to keep you full but are not very calorie dense (and are also tasty).

Are you able to exercise at all?

Welcome to the community!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    :smile: So great to have you here in the community! You have an amazing attitude, many people could take a leaf from your book :flowerforyou:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Welcome to Myfitnesspal! and good luck with everything :smile:
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    not on the forums much...sorry I missed your intro to mfp. anyway welcome to mfp. feel free to add me if you would like.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed your post first time around. I'm sorry for your losses, but it sounds like you have a good attitude and determination. I wish you the best of luck! You can feel free to add me if you want...I'm on everyday and am no expert, but I help if I can. :smile:
  • slomehe
    slomehe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to this amazing family. Keep up your faith and determination, you can do it!
  • lilaak007
    lilaak007 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community