What's your favorite Fat Free Salad Dressing?

Options
13»

Replies

• eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I found out that dressings in the refrigerated section of the produce department are the best tasting and not have that awful after taste of horribly nasty bottled dressing you get in the aisle.

Lighthouse Poppyseed so far is my favorite! Check out the Lighthouse brands located in the produce section. they also dont have all kinds of chemical ingredients.

i had to throw out the two diet dressings i bought in the salad dressing aisle., they were awful.

Honestly People, dressings are one of the easiest things in the world to make and you can control the ingredients and quality and make in as large a quantities as you like since they keep well (if they have garlic or onion i would limit it to a week though refrigerated) . it's well worth just making your own and enjoying it (and there are quite literally tens of thousands of dressing recipes on the web if you don't feel comfortable just throwing a few ingredients together)
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Marzetti FF Sweet and Sour that another member suggested to someone else. Now my favorite!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    i make one with 0% yogurt, Dijon, Red Wine Vinegar and, salt pepper and garlic. fat free until i add feta (most times i make it with a little feta or blue cheese)
    I don't buy dressing.

STEALING! :drinker:
  • LindaFromNH
    LindaFromNH Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For those of you worried I am not getting enough fat, trust me, I am LOL... I need to watch my fats, hence the request for some good fat free or light dressings... With what I eat with my salads I always have fat, so everything is absorbed as well... Thank you for all the ideas!!
  • kaydoh2014
    kaydoh2014 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just something to keep in mind...your body will absorb the nutrients in the salad much better if you stay AWAY from fat-free dressings. You should use low-fat or reduced-fat in order to gain the most benefit from the veggies. My faves are any of the Ken's, but I also make my own with a touch of dark sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, dry mustard, ground pepper, and Cholula Lime "hot" sauce (it's not even remotely hot - you'll find it near Tabasco sauce though).
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Fat free dressings make up for the lack of taste by adding sugar. My current favorite dressing is Litehouse Red Wine and Olive Oil. Like others have said, fat is an important nutrient. And good quality olive oil is delicious.

Making your own seasoned vinaigrette is actually easy and fun. I do that all the time as well. Very tasty in a grated carrot salad.