Jillian Michaels

Options

Replies

• harbeson42
    harbeson42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I want to start her 30 day shred I am jest worried I wont be able to keep up with being 100 pounds over weight. I do have a few of her videos.
  • ericarenee2005
    Options

Oh yeah, exactly, my glob. ;)
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Jillian's dvds helped me to kickstart my weight loss. I think I'm one of the odd people who actually like her haha

I loved 30 day shred. I lost 2 pounds and 7 inches with it, and I like her too! I've been doing zumba and my gym routine lately, but maybe I'll start that again for April!
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I want to start her 30 day shred I am jest worried I wont be able to keep up with being 100 pounds over weight. I do have a few of her videos.

She will guide you through it! Also there are two girls behind her one is more advanced and the other is for beginners.
  • harbeson42
    harbeson42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks I think I am gonna pull them out and check them out.
  • FitWithVic
    FitWithVic Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think Jillian is great and find her really motivating, first time of doing the shred this year and as good as I remember, I've started a group on Facebook if you're looking for others doing it at the moment, then once we're finished the shred we're moving over to Ripped in 30 and then I fancy doing Body Revolution again! It's a simple idea but works well and it's only 20mins, everyone should give it a go for a month and then decide on whether it works!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/459402440809378/
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    LOVE her workouts!!! She pushes me to the limits every time.
  • HollyKarlsen
    HollyKarlsen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I own the Ripped in 30 dvd and do it occasionally. I have about 20 workout dvd's that I cycle through. I could never stand to keep doing the same one day after day. I just tried 30 Day Shred and I liked it better than Ripped in 30 so I think I will be buying that to add to my collection. I also love her Yoga Meltdown dvd. My hubby finds her annoying and I think I would too if I were just listening, but she doesn't annoy me at all while I'm doing it. I kinda need someone to kick my butt.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I did it once already. I was very very out of shape. I did not see huge results in inches lost like some people report but I started very out of shape so didn't do it with the same intensity probably. I did get in much better shape and gain a fair amount of strength. I'm doing it again now and doing it without rests. I don't have a lot to compare it too but I like it. My knees hurt a lot though - maybe they would hurt no matter what I did?
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    shred is hard on the knees - just make sure your form is correct for lunges and squats, that helps a lot
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I just did part one and i can totally feel it working as well as me sweating buckets. I like Jillian tbh but she does talk quite alot haha. I logged it under circuit training, i hope that's right.
  • HealthyAndFitFor2014
    Options
    I have heard good and bad things about her workouts but i am looking to try her 30 Day Shred workout. Have any of you guys done it or tried it? And if so how are your results. Thanks ^_^

I've just finished my fourth day of the 30 Day Shred and I am loving it :) ! I am definitely starting to notice small differences in myself from when I started, which sounds crazy because it hasn't been long at all!

Although most people can't stand her as a person, I think her workouts are great... And you can watch them free on Youtube which is even better! Please feel free to add me :) Lauren.
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Are her workouts for people with a lot to lose, or do they work for everyone? I don't have much to lose and I feel that I'm reasonably fit.....I'm just wondering whether they are worth a try as I'm not having much luck at the moment getting a few kgs off!

I don't have any to lose and I think her dvds are brill, really helping me define my shape

Thanks for that.
  • lylahroses
    Options
    hi i started this workout last year but half way through level 2, my knee started hurting too bad for me to continue even though i was a lot lighter then. I am starting it again now hoping it works out well for me this time as last time even in 12 days i could see significant difference in my body shape. wish me luck. Add me so that we can motivate each other
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    I just did part one and i can totally feel it working as well as me sweating buckets. I like Jillian tbh but she does talk quite alot haha. I logged it under circuit training, i hope that's right.
    She does but she really has good points so listen to her! :)

I like to run for a bit before doing it to get more of a burn.

Good luck Level 2 is the most rewarding of all 3 levels! :)
  • Imane1996
    Imane1996 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started 30 Day Shred a long time ago and I couldn't finish the first 3 days but after seeing some pictures of the results ... I will surely re-start it. I'm too afraid of soreness, haha. Wouldn't like to be injured ... Do you usually keep working out even when being sore ?
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Did it, loved it, got results, and now I'm doing it again.
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 90 days program with Jillian and the results are awesome ... I need all new pants , I dropped 2 sizes already :)
  • palomino698
    palomino698 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Jillian is my favourite DVD trainer and I really like fitnessblender.com too. I'm nearing the end of 30DS and have repeated Level 2 instead of sticking with Level 3 - the Sumo jumps and squats on L3 weren't suiting my knees and ankles at all. To make Level 2 a bit harder for the second time, I hold weights during the cardio routines as well as using them for the strength exercises. I have lost weight and inches but have been weighing and logging food as well as following the DVD and generally moving more.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi! I lost all of my 60 pounds using only Jillian workouts! My first month of 30DS, I lost 12 pounds and 22 inches! I actually love her and enjoy some of the things she says (I was previously a drill Sargeant in the Army, so...)
    Good luck in your goals!!!
    sj