Ever Skip a Weigh/Measure Day when Sick?

Options
I'm just curious because I thought I'd skip this week because I'd be unhappy because of medication bloat, but the numbers weren't all that different from last week besides a few ounces so I decided to measure and weigh myself this week. My measurements have decreased all around slightly which made me happy, especially in the leg area which means better fitting pants. (:happy: :drinker: )

But I'm just wondering if any of you consistent loggers have skipped a week of weighing or measuring, or both, because of illness?

Replies

• Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yes. I"m flexible and not that rigid in anything.
  • Widadita
    Widadita Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Not really, the only time is when I'm on my period. That's it.
  • madDino27
    madDino27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I try not to take anything seriously when I'm sick. This last month I had a cold and my scale said I lost 3lbs, but I think that was all snot. My weight did go back up almost two weeks later after my cough disappeared. Being ill does funny things to you so eat well to recover as soon as possible.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 10lbs from a horrible bout of the flu years back. Didn't give two diddlies about that number, since I knew I'd be back up in no time once I stopped meeting my chicken soup and orange juice again after choking it down.

If anything, my focus while sick is not what my weight is, but making sure I eat a little extra after recovery to make up for everything I lost while not being able to stomach food. I'd rather pause for that week than drive myself bonkers when the number inevitably shoots back up right after.