CANT SEEM TO LOOSE ANYMORE NEED HELP

Options
STARTED OUT AT 255 AND AM NOW DOWN TO 209 BUT HAVE SEEMED TO STALL AT THE WEIGHT FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS.
HAVE INCREASED WORKOUT AND EATEN LESS CALORIES BUT STILL NOTHING. I NEED HELP

Replies

• DiggerBenson
    Options
    Hey, don't feel bad. I have been working out six days a week for almost three months, and I have cut out sugar and most carbs for that same period -- and I have not lost a single pound!! I am so frustrated I could just spit!!

So don't give up. It could be worse.:smile:
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    -How long were u actually losing the weight till u got down to 209 (amount of weeks approx.)?
    AND
    -what was your diet like while losing weight (net calories,amount/kind of exercise...)?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Increase cals and exercise. Have a massive cheat day. Anything outside of the norm should help jog the ol' metabolism
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough. Make sure you're not eating fewer than 1200 net calories (calories consumed minus calories burned) per day.
  • KathrynK95
    Options
    Also make sure you are drinking enough water. The same thing happened to me. I lost about 4 pounds in a week then the next week I didn't eat anything then as a second week came up I drank a lot of water and started losing weigh again. It is hard for me to get all my water in a day because I don't like water but my weigh goal keeps me going.
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    Agree with DrBorkBork! Increasing cals instead of decreasing will push your body to burn more! Sounds like you're body's just got too comfortable with it's situation.:wink:
  • samiko
    samiko Posts: 34
    Options
    EAT MORE!!!! You have hit the plateau, you have to change your eating habits a bit...have some extra fat and protein or carb with a meal. Then go back to eating normal, well balance portions. Also make sure you are snacking ...eating every 2 hours! Your body needs fuel to burn!
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Increase cals and exercise. Have a massive cheat day. Anything outside of the norm should help jog the ol' metabolism

This TOTALLY WORKS!!!! I did it last weekend and lost two pounds this week. This after a month of not losing anything and bouncing between 162 and 163. Here was my weekend. Friday night, one of my most favorite mexican restaurants. I had a chicken taco salad, but the chips and dip took me WELL over my limit for the day. Saturday, had oatmeal for breakfast but had Runza (another local favorite) for lunch and by then I was at (maybe a little over) my daily limit. We then went to Fogo de Chao for supper and OH MAN was that delicious. Sunday was just as bad. I somehow managed to hold my weight thru the weekend and went back to my normal eating, only eating my daily allowance and like I said I lost two pounds this week!
  • qman76301
    Options
    about 6 mons
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options

This TOTALLY WORKS!!!! I did it last weekend and lost two pounds this week. This after a month of not losing anything and bouncing between 162 and 163. Here was my weekend. Friday night, one of my most favorite mexican restaurants. I had a chicken taco salad, but the chips and dip took me WELL over my limit for the day. Saturday, had oatmeal for breakfast but had Runza (another local favorite) for lunch and by then I was at (maybe a little over) my daily limit. We then went to Fogo de Chao for supper and OH MAN was that delicious. Sunday was just as bad. I somehow managed to hold my weight thru the weekend and went back to my normal eating, only eating my daily allowance and like I said I lost two pounds this week!

I can third that! I have been struggling with the last pounds for a couple of months now and "rocking the boat" seems to be the only thing that works. The most recent marvel was just a while ago. After being stuck for who knows how long, I was at moms place for two weeks eating what I wanted, when I wanted. I thought I was eating maintenance calories or slightly over but ended up losing!