20-30lbs to lose! Need some friendly support!

Options
Hey y'all! My name is Magdalen!

I have had so many issues with my weight!!! I am trying to lose about 20-30lbs.... again! LOL I am currently 156lbs, and think some friendly & motivating support will do me good! I am sick of this yo-yoing!

Have a fabulous day,
Magdalen

Replies

• mattiematilda
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I lost 30 lbs but gained it back and now I'm trying to lose it again. I'm 5'6" and weigh 150 lbs right now. I was down to 121. My goal is 125. I'm getting married in December, so it's time to do this right and maintain it! Feel free to add me!

Good luck!

Mattie
  • AroostookGeorge
    Options
    Magdalen,

Did you identify why you gained the weight back? That might need to be addressed to avoid repeating the cycle. Remember to take it slow, follow your goals, and remain positive. It's up to you, but make your weekly goal modest, and ensure you get some exercise in, at least walking.

George
  • MagdalenDreams
    Options
    OMG Same! I was down to about 133lbs and then I gained some back! It's no fun at all!
  • DanielleLCook
    DanielleLCook Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal weight feel free to add :) we can do this!!
  • SuperSammi22
    SuperSammi22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Same! I have a major problem with my weight. I am currently 150 lbs and am trying to lose 20-30 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • nobel99
    nobel99 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 lbs slowly with another 10 to go...feel free to add me...I'm a daily logger/commenter :)
  • mabodigor
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I recently gained about 20+lbs from the holidays and just haven't been able to recover. I'm 167 right now and trying to get back to what I was in high school. Take it slow and try to stick to your goals! Get ready to feel even more beautiful inside and out!

Remember that slow and steady wins the race!
    Meredith
  • mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    Lost 20. Gained 35 back. It's a lifestyle change, not a one time deal. Learned that the hard way! Good luck--feel free to add me.
  • chelseareeves731
    chelseareeves731 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

I have around 27lb to loose in order to achieve my goal weight of 10 stone! However my current goal is to loose weight and tone up as much as possible for a lovely bikini body on my holiday in July! I'm looking to find lots of people with similar goals to me so we can support and inspire each other!

Please add me if you're interested :)
  • karlecompte
    karlecompte Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, yep I'm in the same situation, lbs creep up and the older you get, the harder it is to slim up.
    Yes, I'm looking to give and get motivation and support. Add me, I log in several times a day.

Have a healthy and active day

Karen
  • karlecompte
    karlecompte Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same here. It's been a yo-yo weight thing for me. It's a life Change and change of eating.
    But I definitely know it's hard.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 90 lbs and I am now in a maintenance mode. I am a daily logger/commentator..... be happy to support!
  • oheysummer
    Options
    Hey! You should add me :) I have 30lb to lose
  • carlapope200
    carlapope200 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have to jump start my program. I have been on a plateau, and I need to break through it.
  • ms_lindsay
    ms_lindsay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue, I lost a lot of weight after having my kids (over 40lbs) but when I got to 145ish I kept having to lose the same 10lbs over and over again. For me I found that identifying what it was the was causing me to have those binge nights or food dependencies was really key. I have been able to overcome those urges and now i am down to 132 with about 7 lbs left to lose! If anyone wants to add me please feel free, we can support and motivate each other!
  • mommyvo23
    mommyvo23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Same story..mom of 4 up and down same 30 pounds over the last 8 years. Finally decided to use MFP for real...not just to check in and see how my good days are:) Down 15 since beginning of February, but I know the next 10-15 will be harder. Would love to finish this journey with more friends! Please friend me.
  • yangi1
    yangi1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 20lbs as well. I'm looking for support and can support you as well. I'm here everyday. You can all add me.
  • Samia143
    Samia143 Posts: 1
    Options
    You'll be fine just try your best