How many calories do you burn on. Cross trainer??

Options
Hi I recently bought a cross trainer for home as I can't get to the gym etc, I've been using it for roughly 20mins to 45mins everytime I use it and it's saying I burn roughly 60 calories in the 20mins,I out quite a bit of effort in and am usually covered in sweat so this seems a bit low to me?!

Replies

• djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That does seem very low...I use one at the gym, I do 15 mins + 3 mins cooldown, and average 200-250 each time.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Mine at home gives me a much lower calorie burn than the one at the gym and I'm dripping in sweat when I'm done.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM if I take it easy and keep my heart rate between 120-130 I burn about 400 per hour. If I keep my heart rate between 140-150 (I have to sprint every few minutes to stay in that zone) I burn about 500 per hour.
  • djs2303
    Options
    According to the Gym HRM, I am roughly 160-170 on my HR
  • b3ki422
    b3ki422 Posts: 4
    Options
    Ah thank you everyone, maybe because it's not a very expensive one? And doesn't know my height and weight etc? At least I now know I'm doing better than I thought :)
  • djs2303
    Options
    yes your height and weight, and age is very important, if your unsure, left MFP work it out for you. You could also look at buying a wrist HRM
  • b3ki422
    b3ki422 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks yeah ill take a look and into them :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    MFP rates for the elliptical are way inflated. My Polar FT4 says I burn 400-500 per hour depending on speed. MFP says 926. If you buy a HRM make sure you get one with a chest strap. They are more accurate.