How will you celebrate your goal?

Options
So.. the title says it all :)
I'd like to find out how will you celebrate reaching your goal!
I personally decided that once I reach my desired looks ( not weight, because the numbers can be misleading :P ) I wanna have a professional photo shoot where I go from fully dressed to naked. I'd like to believe that once I'm there, and on the way, I'll regain confidence in my looks and self esteem, and put all that into something that will treasure my beauty.

What are your ideas? Share with us, and perhaps inspire someone else to celebrate their own goal (and boost their motivation ;) ) :)

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Big freaking shopping spree, I have been saving up money since I started this journey for that, it is accumulating :happy:

I have considered a lingerie photo shoot too but not sure if I will or not, but the shopping is a definite.
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Huge shopping spree, vacation, and photo shoot with hubby :) I'm going all out lol!
  • CealR
    CealR Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put together a proper capsule wardrobe - between 10-12 pieces, but good quality.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    New clothes! Cute ones. Not just the jeans and band tees I wear now. I want a few dresses (id never walk out in one at my current weight) and some cute girly shirts. Some boots. Maybe ill find ones that will go over my calf! And that's it lol.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am going to buy two dresses.....on will be the kind of slinky skanky clubbing dress that I have always secretly wished I could have, and the other one will be classy and gorgeous that I'd feel great in at weddings and the like.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I want to cut my hair short.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    With a beautiful dress this August at my daughter's wedding. No mother-of-the-bride dowdy cover-up for this hot mama LOL
  • s1rens0ng
    s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A professional family photo and a holiday somewhere hot and a white sandy beach :tongue:
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    A photoshoot sounds like a good idea. I was going to do photo shoots every 10lbs down or so but i gave up on that idea because i was too afraid to meet photographers that i didn't know. Other than that i'm not sure. Maybe since i haven't ever partied i'll buy myself a nice outfit and go to a club :O! I don't know. i'm honestly open to idea's.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    When i reach my goal, i'll make another. I'm more interested in fitness than weight loss, but once i get to my ideal weight, i can't wait to take off my shirt before running in public.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7bm5rNDob1rys4czo1_500.gifCryinggifs_01_1.gif
    f?id=51895f72eab8ea4633000027
    tumblr_lxewuiKbn01qfof0r.gif
  • jakeya16
    jakeya16 Posts: 40
    Options
    I want to go shopping!! That's my favorite thing to do now so I know it'll be fun when I'm at my goal!
    I also want to get my certification to teach a fitness class because those people are amazing in my eyes!
    Lastly I want to have pictures done and put my before and after side by side and keep it as motivation to keep pushing!
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    A cruise and a trip to an amusement park! Preferably Disney World!!
  • mabodigor
    Options
    Shopping, shopping shopping!!! I'm more of a tank and jeans kinda gal but once I reach my ideal weight I'm going to show off my flat toned tummy in cute swim suits and flattering dresses and tops! (And a boudoir like photoshoot with the love of my life!) But after all is said and done I'm going to find a new goal and push myself even further!

You never really know what your capable of unless you push yourself! :wink:
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Like other people here have said; get a new wardrobe.

I'm almost there but it may have to wait until after I get out of grad school and some real money to come my way. :P

Also, another tattoo would be lovely.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I gave myself a slap on the *kitten* and did a happy dance...and soon realized that hitting my goal weight only meant that the real race was on. I've been in maintenance for 10 months and it's a whole new ball game...you don't have the pleasure of seeing the scale creep down...it just stays the same. Goals have become more fitness oriented and in many ways, maintenance is more tedious than losing weight was. I had it in my head that maintenance would be this glorious thing...but really, it's just a few hundred more calories than I was eating before...basically a couple handful of nuts or an extra junky treat here and there. I still have to rock my nutrition day in and day out and I still have to get my fitness on all the while looking at basically the same number on the scale (2-3 Lb range either way fluctuations).

I say this not to be a downer, but in hopes that more and more people will see the bigger picture...think of losing the weight as training for a much more difficult and longer race...hitting goal means you've arrived at the starting line of that race called maintenance. It is at that point that you truly realize that nutrition and fitness have to become an intrinsic part of your life, otherwise those Lbs come back pretty dang quick.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have no idea to be honest...4lbs away...never thought about it...

buy a new bench for lifting maybe???...
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I celebrated 50 lbs with a cake and since I have changed my goal to a total of 100 pounds lost I will have a cake then as well and celebrate (sort of) with some close friends and a bottle of Courvoisier XO!
  • KMiYong
    KMiYong Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When i reach my goal, i'll make another. I'm more interested in fitness than weight loss, but once i get to my ideal weight, i can't wait to take off my shirt before running in public.

I was alking about a general goal, for me its a look-wise goal, for others it's the number on the scale.
    awesome! taking off my shirt and running around sounds great, gotta do it sometimes! ha!

I gave myself a slap on the *kitten* and did a happy dance...and soon realized that hitting my goal weight only meant that the real race was on. I've been in maintenance for 10 months and it's a whole new ball game...you don't have the pleasure of seeing the scale creep down...it just stays the same. Goals have become more fitness oriented and in many ways, maintenance is more tedious than losing weight was. I had it in my head that maintenance would be this glorious thing...but really, it's just a few hundred more calories than I was eating before...basically a couple handful of nuts or an extra junky treat here and there. I still have to rock my nutrition day in and day out and I still have to get my fitness on all the while looking at basically the same number on the scale (2-3 Lb range either way fluctuations).

I say this not to be a downer, but in hopes that more and more people will see the bigger picture...think of losing the weight as training for a much more difficult and longer race...hitting goal means you've arrived at the starting line of that race called maintenance. It is at that point that you truly realize that nutrition and fitness have to become an intrinsic part of your life, otherwise those Lbs come back pretty dang quick.

yupp. losing the weight and shaping up is only one part of the journey, keeping it up is the second part that lasts lifelong. I totally see your point. however, reaching the second part is a good reason to celebrate, and so is every x time that you maintain well! <3

I see lots of shipping going on! I shall do my own and make my wardrobe fullllllll of dresses and dolly stuff. dolly kei all the way (and sweet lolita :D )

I have also seen some stuff that sound really good, perhaps I'll do those too :)

anybody else with creative ideas? :D

xoxo, winter.
  • iBMikey
    iBMikey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    To heck with the wardrobe. Once I get to goals, it will be hard to keep clothes on me. But, I also like my freedom. So I will probably go to the pools ALL THE TIME as swimming was one of my favorite things to do before I hated taking my shirt off. lol