What is your go to "healthy' dessert?

Options

Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I agree with the dark dark chocolate ie min 82% with coffee black. Sometimes I add berries and nuts or some light tru whip.

As far as the healthy vs unhealthy thing op used "quotes" because we all understand many are sensitive to the 'term'. I think things are a % healthy or unhealthy based upon our perceptions. Your threshold for what is healthy may be based upon knowledge, macro content, natural ingredients, or portion control. It's highly subjective but I'm happy to use the label myself - small justifications for me lead to LARGE binges.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Fruit yogurts, chocolate, raw cocoa bar
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,661 Member
    Options
    Berry clafoutis or creme caramel.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    1 cup of cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of blueberries and cinnamon.
  • Carriem155
    Options
    Apples covered in pb and a little bit of dark chocolate chips
  • SallyFTW
    SallyFTW Posts: 36
    Options
    Low fat custard. Doesn't taste as good as the real stuff, but it fills a void.
  • milileitner
    milileitner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds soaked overnight with coconut milk, mashed banana and carob powder.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like strawberries and melon with yogurt :-)
  • CJJulian
    CJJulian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    it's not low-cal, but it sure is healthy .... Full fat coconut milk (in a can), put it in the fridge overnight then in the morning (or later the next day), open the can and carefully scoop out all the cream that's on the top and put it into a deep bowl (the remaining liquid or coconut water can be used for something else), then put in 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 packet of Stevia. Whip it until fluffy. Serving = 1/3 cup

Add some fresh berries on top and this is a NOMTASTIC healthy dessert
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    apples.... so damn good
  • mercurywinks
    mercurywinks Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Check out my blog post! lol, its Healthy fudge and its only 9 carbs a square, 54 calories.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mercurywinks
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer my proats for dessert (as I don't normally eat breakfast)

choc/coconut proats with peanut butter and some sort of fruit usually.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ricotta mixed with milk and some jello pudding mix (I add berries sometimes too)
    Breyer's ice cream
    Frozen yogurt
    Kozy Shack pudding
    Greek yogurt
    Chocolate
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Plain Fage yogurt with vanilla extract, Equal, frozen pineapples and frozen mixed berries.

Frozen bananas, raisins, and peanuts.

By "healthy" I'm assuming you mean foods with a higher nutritional content.
  • rachellleanne
    Options
    Soya yogurt with a spoonful of dried goji berries.

Medjool dates for that caramelly flavour.

Fruit sorbet.

Or simply just a couple of squares of dark chocolate :)
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I agree with the dark dark chocolate ie min 82% with coffee black. Sometimes I add berries and nuts or some light tru whip.

As far as the healthy vs unhealthy thing op used "quotes" because we all understand many are sensitive to the 'term'. I think things are a % healthy or unhealthy based upon our perceptions. Your threshold for what is healthy may be based upon knowledge, macro content, natural ingredients, or portion control. It's highly subjective but I'm happy to use the label myself - small justifications for me lead to LARGE binges.

I think most rational people understood what she meant, and why she put the worth healthy in quotes.

But, of course, this is MFP and it wouldn't be the same without a few panties getting bunched. I'm surprised there have been no pictures posted of twinkies, snickers, or Ben and Jerry's core ice cream.
  • SoBodyMazing
    Options
    low fat cookies and cream frozen yogurt!
  • andreacason
    andreacason Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Breyer's Vanilla ice cream with a teaspoon of Trader Joe's organic Midnight Moo chocolate syrup. Angel food cake is another favorite (60 calories per serving)
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Ricotta with fruit and/or nuts, frozen bananas blended with chocolate soy milk, homemade merigue and/or lemon curd folded through greek yogurt, jelly (I don't like the taste of the sugar free stuff) with fruit, homemade ice lollies made from interesting fruit juice.
  • winterchildel
    winterchildel Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Belvita chocolate breakfast biscuits (with lots of fibres)
    Cherry tomatoes
    Strawberries/raspberries/apple/other seasonal fruit