Hello everyone

Options
My name is Mark, and I'm overweight. Been over weight most of my life. I turned 48 this year and I have decided to change things around in my life. I am using my fitness pal to track my food intake, I love the app! I also want a food history to see where things might have gone wrong in the weight loss.

I want and will lose 200 lbs in the next year or two. I don't think that is impossible, 2 pounds a week for 52 weeks is 100 lbs. I am sure there will be set backs and such but I needed a goal so I set it. In high school I was 185 lbs and felt and looked the best I ever have. I don't know if I can get back to 185 lbs, I do work with many men who are that weight or less, but I started high school at 235 lbs 5'10'' so we will see.

I am using a modified HMR diet. I'm not buying their food and shakes, I'm using frozen foods and other shake products that are cheaper. I will be keeping a blog about my diet and it will be changing as I analyze my nutrition and weight loss over the weeks. That's why I love this site, I put in the food and it gives me all the nutritional data and I can see where my salt, carb, etc is not in normal range.

I look forward to reading the blogs and the message boards. I hope they will be a source of inspiration!!

Thanks for reading,
Mark

Replies

• georgebrennan716
    Options
    Good luck to you. I am on a 140 lbs weight loss journey. 55 down, and more to go. I know you can do it!!!!1
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey Mark! Add me if you like. :)
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Proud you've decided to make a lifestyle change. I am 45 with a lot less to lose, but no different in it is a challenge and requires commitment and a life style change. Good luck to you.
    You can add me as a friend if you'd like too.
    Birdie
  • Binnee95
    Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you on your weight loss journey! You can do it! Lots of nice people on here and the success stories really keep you motivated and inspired.
    You can add me as a friend too, if you'd like.