Hi, I'm just getting started

Options
Hi all, this is my first time here and I love it! The food database is great and easy to use, I found everything right away. And, have I learned a lot about how poorly I really eat, thinking it can't be that bad! Ha! I'm excited to learn better habits, get this show on the road, and drive this fat out of town!

Also, I just purchased a Body Media Fit Link armband that I'm also really excited to get started with. Apparently, I can link the two (Body Media and MFP), which will be GREAT. But I'm not sure... maybe someone can tell me... I don't have a smartphone yet -- can I connect it all via the computer for now? (Thanks.)

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! Good luck with your fitness goals!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Yes. Go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/10 and connect your accounts.
  • aurora1423
    Options
    Thank you!!! :)
  • Iishasears84
    Options
    Good Job!! Everyone has to start somewhere. :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Do it and don't be perfect all at once. We would all be embarrassed. :blushing:
  • aurora1423
    Options
    Thanks for the link, Peggy! What a great post. It's bookmarked so I can read it some more.
  • aurora1423
    Options
    Perfect? Me? (ha ha) No worries about that! :laugh: I'm already like a deer in headlights!
  • bfrankie123
    Options
    Hi Aurora, Don't give up I started in January and have already lost 2 stone. Just keep tabs on those calories, go for 30 minute walks every day and the weight will come off. Every now and then I go over my daily limit, usually at the weekend but get right back on track during the week. You will do it, it just takes time. Good Luck
  • Madison1Jones
    Options
    Hey Me too!
  • aurora1423
    Options
    Thanks Lisha! :smile:
  • Madison1Jones
    Options
    How do you get the little how many pounds lost tag?
  • Madison1Jones
    Options
    I think I got it!
  • aurora1423
    Options
    Hi Aurora, Don't give up I started in January and have already lost 2 stone. Just keep tabs on those calories, go for 30 minute walks every day and the weight will come off. Every now and then I go over my daily limit, usually at the weekend but get right back on track during the week. You will do it, it just takes time. Good Luck

Thanks for the encouragement! And congrats on your success. Great job!
  • honestyloverespect
    honestyloverespect Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes I love myfitnesspal as well!!! Wishing you the best of luck in your journey. If anyone needs support feel free to add me!
  • aurora1423
    Options
    I think I got it!

Yay! I know... I had to play around a bit here to find things. Good luck with your goals!
  • aurora1423
    Options
    Hey honesty, it's nice to meet you! Good luck with your fitness goals. :smile:
  • Madison1Jones
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks, same to you! This is pretty neat, I signed up a week or so ago, and just got back on to it. Talk about accountability! I guess we can choose to enter exercises and stuff only if we want?
  • aurora1423
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks, same to you! This is pretty neat, I signed up a week or so ago, and just got back on to it. Talk about accountability! I guess we can choose to enter exercises and stuff only if we want?

I entered what I did for movement today because I don't have my Fit LINK all set up yet. I plan to start it first thing in the morning. After that, I think I won't need to enter it here... but I'm not sure...

I'm assuming you can enter the exercises on MFP if you're not using some other way to do it. I saw that when I entered mine today it added calories to the total I'm allowed for today which changed things up a bit -- but then I was able to add more food to the day, which is good since I ate really crappy and it ended up being very little for the amount of calories consumed. :noway:

Tomorrow will be better. More veggies and fruit. And the foods I do choose I want to be more nutrient dense and less "fluff". It's... I'm a work in progress, I guess.
  • Madison1Jones
    Options
    Yep. I created my own diet, of no white bread, no fired food, no cake, no cookies and no soda. No food after 8 pm. I figure since it is really not possible to loose more than 1-3 pounds a week, I can't go wrong. I'm also doing an ab and squat challenge daily, I have lost 6 lbs in three weeks, but my ticker tape is late, so it is only showing the last two I lost. Hoping to lose ten more pounds before my vacation Apr. 23rd,. Shooting for it, but even if I get close I would be happy. I'm also thinking about running, not my favorite thing to do, but people keep telling me it helps with belly fat, although other people say you lose all over and there is no real way to spot burn fat.
  • aurora1423
    Options
    Yep. I created my own diet, of no white bread, no fired food, no cake, no cookies and no soda. No food after 8 pm. I figure since it is really not possible to loose more than 1-3 pounds a week, I can't go wrong. I'm also doing an ab and squat challenge daily, I have lost 6 lbs in three weeks, but my ticker tape is late, so it is only showing the last two I lost. Hoping to lose ten more pounds before my vacation Apr. 23rd,. Shooting for it, but even if I get close I would be happy. I'm also thinking about running, not my favorite thing to do, but people keep telling me it helps with belly fat, although other people say you lose all over and there is no real way to spot burn fat.

I've heard the same thing about spot burning fat, which stinks. I do need to lose weight overall, but it's my belly that's my biggest problem -- and they say that belly fat is probably more dangerous than most as far as heart disease, etc. I have heart disease in my family, and I already have high blood pressure -- my weight has really got to come down.

It sounds like you're on a good path. I like the idea of no food after 8 pm. Not following that tonight though -- I didn't even have dinner until after 7:30 and dinner consisted of a glass of plain organic soy milk with a scoop of whey protein. Tomorrow I'll do better... every day a little better... baby steps at first, I guess.

I've never been a runner. My thing is weight lifting. And dancing. I love to dance.

Have a good night!