Fitbit one

Options
Does anyone know how to reset the fitbit one? I have one and when it's not active, just sitting on my dresser it is still counting calories. So before I workout I have to write the previous number down and then do the math when I am done. That is honestly more than what I bargained for. LOL I just want it to work right. PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I have one.....and I either just hold the button down to turn it off and then turn it back on and it resets itself .....if you have it synced to MFP you may have to un-sync it and re sync it after you turn it off and then turn it back on
  • stephanniehall
    stephanniehall Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You burn calories when you're inactive, that's what it's doing. It won't just stop calculating because it isn't on your body. Typically you burn around 15 calories every 15 minutes doing nothing at all. It just think you're standing still.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit is taking your BMR into account, ie the calories it takes to keep your lungs inflating and your heart pumping.

Link your accounts and set your MFP to sedentary and it will do the exercise calculations for you.
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to count calories while its just sitting! Your body is still burning calories even while asleep. Its burning them even when youre not wearing the device. That burn is figured into the daily calorie burn that Fitbit comes up with based on the info you gave it when you set it up, i.e. height, weight, age, gender. You don't need to reset it, it goes back to zero at midnight.
  • thyme4
    thyme4 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You might want to use the activity tracking mode (not the reset) if you are interested in isolating specific time periods. You hold the button till a timer starts at the beginning of the activity to start, and then again to stop. This will show you steps, floors, and calories for that period when you log in (doesn't break them down for the display on the One, though).